Chapter 2 - The Whole Meeting and Greeting Thing

Hello my lovely idiots, 

I'm off University for the weekend, even though I'm working I'm going to try and get as much of this edited so I can start of a sequel. 

Thoughts and ideas are more than welcome.

xxx 

*****************

The people who I've called my parents for the past 15 years are still as work when we get home, which is expected since school only started about 30 minuets ago. They probably just left for work a couple of minuets ago, I'm glad that I won't be seeing them until tomorrow, that means I can enquire about the letter.

We have a couple of hours to figure all this out before we have to head to the concert, Rose has got us access from 1 so we're going to be there at 1. We love spending time at venues Rose works at, they are usually so much fun and there's a bunch of stuff we can get up too. And it bets being at school till 4pm. 

The three of us hadn't talked the whole way home and now we're up in my room, all 3 of us just looking at the letter in Rhys' hand. "We should phone them, Ally." 

I nodded slowly, getting my phone out. Rhys read out the number for me and I dialled, my finger hovered over the call button for a couple more minuets before I built up the courage to hit it. This call could change my life or it could all just be a big mistake. I don't even know which one I'm rooting for right now.  

"Eleanor Tate, Outer-city adoption agency, how can I help?" Her cheery voice called out threw the phone which comforted me a little, knowing that she seemed nice. 

"My name is Alexander Sampson, I received a letter from yourselves and it has confused me a little bit, did you send it to the right person?" I spoke softly as my friends held my hand tight. 

"Miss Sampson, you are a hard person to get ahold of. Yes, we sent the letter to the correct person, your parents are Susan and Lennard Sampson, correct?" I gulped, the was all true, the letter was for me. 

"I didn't know I was adopted." I mumbled, looking at Rhys with wide eyes. 

"Oh, em, I haven't dealt with a case like this before. Alexandra, when you were adopted, your parents adopted you under the terms at it was an open adoption and your biological parents could get in contact whenever they liked. I just assumed Susan and Lennard would have told you." She jumbled up a couple of her words but I got the jist of it all. "Your birth father is in town tomorrow and has been trying to arrange a meet for months, well actually years but has had no success." 

"I want to meet him." I answered, just as quickly as she finished her sentence. 

"Okay, leave it with me, I'll have to process this all as quickly as I can. Would it be okay to just email you the details when I finalise them?" She asked as I heard her begin to type. 

"Yes sure, thank you so much for all your help." I thanked Eleanor before ending the call and letting out a long sigh. "So, I'm adopted." 

"Are you okay?" Both of my friends asked and I nodded, still feeling a little bit of shock. 

"I just want to forget about it, it's tomorrow's problem. Let's just get ready for tonight." I said jumping up. 

Rhys has a drawer and part of my cupboard, he either leaves things here or I take them. His clothes are comfy to sleep in or lounge about in. Haley and I are the same size so we just share clothes when she's over or I'm at hers. Both these guys are never out of my house so it's easier to keep some clothes here for them, just incase. 

I was going to ask my mum to take us to the venue on her break but quickly decided against it and called a taxi instead. I don't want to think about it until I'm actually meeting my biological father tomorrow.