Xander: Really good. Just living the dream.

Angela: How did you guys meet again and for how long?

Alexa: Since the Rumble on Sunday really.

Bob: Wow and I guess you two have been together catching up?

Xander: Yeap, first night princess wanted to do our sleepover tradition.

Angela: Awwww, I remembered that you two loved doing that! Well, except that one time Lexi made you watch Toy Story for a week.

Alexa: He actually said that if we do our tradition I have to agree to not choose Toy Story.

Bob: So what did you end up watching?

Alexa: Toy Story 2.

Lexi's parents watched amusedly as Lexi was smiling at him while he casted her a sideways glare.

Angela: It's like you two were never separated.

Xander: 20 years does fly by quick

Alexa: Wished it wasn't 20 years.

Xander: So who's ready for dinner? I cooked us dinner.

Bob: What'd you cook?

Alexa: T-bone steak and mash potatoes with home made gravy that taste like heaven.

Angela: Ohhhh that sounds delicious!

Bob: Let's go eat!

After dinner

The men were cleaning the dishes while the women were sitting outside by the pool.

Bob: It's really good to see you again Xander.

Xander: Like wise Tito. It feels good to have this again.

Bob: Yeah. I'll be honest with you. I haven't seen Lexi like this since you left.

Xander: Like what?

Bob: Completely happy. She wasn't the same since you left and it got worse before it got better.

Xander: What do you mean?

Bob: She had a eating disorder that would've killed her during her first couple years in high school.

Xander:...

Bob: But after a few treatments and Lex finding a hobby she got better. Then the rest is history.

Xander: I didn't know.

Bob: I'm surprised you didn't see it on social media, it was trending at one point.

Xander: Didn't have social media until Sunday and I only have Instagram.

Bob: Oh, want to join the ladies outside since we're done here?

Xander: Sure.

Outside

Mom and daughter were having a girl talk until they noticed the men walk out.

Alexa: Hey guys!

Bob: Hey!

Xander didn't reply but had an almost somber look, one that worried the ladies.

Angela: Are you ok Xander?

Alexa: What's wrong?

Bob knowing what has his mind occupied grabbed Angela and the pair walked inside.
While Anglea was escorted inside she asks her husband.

Angela: Why are we going inside?

Bob: I told Xander about Lexi's past.

Angela: Ohh, you think they'll be ok?

Bob: I hope so, but I know everything is going to be fine.

Outside

Alexa: Hey, what's with the look?

Xander: Is it true about you had an eating disorder that could've killed you?

Alexa: Dad told you huh?

Xander: I'm sorry...I'm sorry I wasn't there with you when you had to go through that.

He goes to hug Lexi and she snuggles into him.

Alexa: It's ok. It's in the past and you can't blame yourself for not knowing.  Circumstances separated us, but circumstances brought us back together.

Xander: I know, but I can't help think that you would have an easier time if I was there.

Alexa: Thank you. What about you? How was high school for you?

Xander: No problem. Hm hit and miss.  Played football for 3 years. Got a concussion my first two year and quit for the benefit of my health.

Alexa: But you said 3 years?

Xander: I came back my senior year because grandpa passed that summer and for his last wish he wanted me to play football again.

Alexa: I'm sorry I wasn't there too. It must have been hard losing him.

Xander: I guess fate wanted us to struggle separately.

Alexa: And fate brought us back.

Xander: It's weird how that works.

The two sat there chatting and enjoying each other's company until Lexi fell asleep.
Xander carried her to her bed and tucked her in for the night.

Xander: Good night princess.

He kisses her on the forehead and leaves to sleep in his room.  He fails to notice a smile on her face when he kissed her forehead.