Chapter 1

3RD PERSON POV

Xiao Zhan woke up before his alarm clock even do its job. As a normal routine, he fixed himself and ready to go in his first class. He is feeling lively today so every person he passes by gets a greet from him, some of them were really grateful that they got a greet from the Champion of their school.

After 15 minutes walk from his dorm, he finally reached his first class and sadly he is the only one in the class because its only 7:15 in the morning the class will start at 8:00. As he was getting bored, he decided to sing a song that he is currently listening to, but before he even sing the first word he saw that one of his classmates was on his way to their class.

Xiao Zhan greet him with a very energetic Good Morning! but he only received a smile from Cleo and goes to his assigned chair.

Cleo is the student council's president of their school, he is a bit rude to others but still cares a lot to his classmates and very responsible student. Xiao Zhan was used to Cleo being rude to him but he knows that Cleo is a kind and good person.

As the time passed by, the teacher already came in and now was teaching them how to used some advance magic combos and let them improvised their own magic combo. Xiao Zhan was not paying attention to it because he already knew how to do it and already has a plenty magic combos in his sleeve.

After some time, the teacher called their attention and announced that the next Magic Battle contest for this year were going to happen after 2 months, after Xiao Zhan heard this he immediately got nervous because now he knows that he will be facing some of the best students in this Academy.

--------------------------------------

At the canteen

Xiao Zhan is talking to his best friend or what you called ranting about how nervous he is to the upcoming magic battle contest. He is currently ranting to Wen Ning how unfair life is and how time going so fast that the contest were to be held in the next 2 months.

Wen Ning was having a hard time to focus listening to Xiao Zhan's rants because he is also thinking how will he survived to the said contest, but he's trying his best to listen to Xiao Zhan.

Suddenly, a loud sound emitted inside the canteen made Xiao Zhan stop talking and saw that two students are using their magic to fight each other. One of the students is starting to cast some dark eerie magic to attack the other student. Xiao Zhan already knew that this is the Dark Attribute because he already saw this attribute in his battle contest last school year and he knows this magic will made the canteen explode if it will be cast it in here, as a quick reflex he starts to cast a binding magic, without even a second some thorns with some red roses already grew from the floor and envelop the guy's body that made him paralyze.

Seeing this a lot of students were now have a hanging mouth that looked like they saw a ghost. Some of the students whispers that this kind of binding spell are only seen used by some professional professors and who would've thought that he can used it too.

Xiao Zhan undo his magic and bring the two students to guidance faculty, after a very long conversation to the head of guidance he was now finally get out of that place and made his way to his 4th and last subject for this day.

He enters the class with him being center of the attraction because as expected he is already late for the class, as the teacher let him in, he seats down with a deep sigh and thinks how tiring this day but as he was just thinking about that, the bell rings that means it's time to go home but before that, their teacher announced that they will be given a two months break prior for the upcoming Magic Battle Contest preparation also to let the students have time to train. Xiao Zhan face palm himself and swear that this day was the most bad day ever in his entire life.

-Binding Spell is a spell that restricts a one person's body movement and prevent them to cast some magic. It can be cast by any magicians but some of the binding spell with high level can only be cast by professors or a magician with high level of magic capability.