They Just Don't Know

This is an AU story. Things are not going to be exactly like the show so there's no need to inform my if something isn't correct or anything. Chances are they're that way because I made it that way(except grammar errors.. I don't purposely make those..). Everything will be explained as it goes along.

"Darya!!" I heard my older brother, Killian call me from downstairs. I groaned, tugging my blanket over my head. I knew if I wasn't up in a few minutes, Killian would be in my room to either flip my bed over or heave my 5'2" body over his shoulder. It was only a matter of moments before my big brother was quite literally dragging me by my ankle down the stairs and to our lavish dining room.

"When are you gonna learn to listen, Ry?" He muttered, dropping my leg and sitting down in his usual spot at the table. I laid face down on the floor before rolling onto my back, getting to my feet. I pushed my dark hair out of my face as I sat beside Killian.

"When will you stop swooning over what's her-face?"I taunted in return, causing my brother to choke on his coffee. I grinned, patting his back. He shot me a look as I feigned surprise. "What? Didn't think anyone knew about Emma?" I teased.

"How the bloody hell did you know about her?" He demanded. I rolled my eyes, stuffing eggs into my mouth.

"Well..." I hmmed as I swallowed my food. "I heard you talking to David on the phone."

Killian stared for a short moment before grabbing a piece of bacon from his plate and biting it thoughtfully. "So you were eavesdropping basically?"

I gasped as though insulted. "I would ne-..." I dropped my fork and crossed my arms over my chest, turning my face away from him. He looked at me in surprise. "I can't believe you think so little of me, Killian Michael Jones!" I sniffled, pretending to cry as I covered my face. Killian shot out of his seat, causing his chair to clatter onto the ground. His hands waved frantically in front of him, the panic could be heard in his voice.

"Wh...-N-no!! You know it isn't like that!!" He gasped, grabbing onto my shoulders. I looked at him with wide tear filled eyes before I burst into laughter, wiping my eyes dry. Killian growled, shoving me back before he stormed to the other end of the table with his breakfast. "I can't bloody believe I fell for that again!"

I laughed harder as I grabbed my fork again. He glared at me as I smiled innocently at him. It wasn't uncommon in our family for someone, usually Killian, to fall for my little charade. It was always so believable due to the fact I could make myself basically cry on command. I learned while growing up that tears were a good way to get our parents to stay a little longer when it came to business trips away from town. My father ran a luxury cruiseline, while my mother traveled the world buying and selling valuables. We hardly ever seen either of them or our oldest brother Liam. He was a high class lawyer that was always working cases.

After about 15 minutes of silence, we both finished eating. I got up, jogging up the stairs, grabbing my clothes and getting into my shower. I finished showering, drying off and getting dressed all in under 45 minutes. Grabbing my backpack, I headed back down, meeting Killian at the front door.

"Ready?" Killian asked, toying with his keys. I nodded, heading to his car, tossing my bag into the back sit and climbed into the front while waiting for my brother to finish locking up. The ride to school consisted of a deafening silence between us, the radio the only source of noise on the short drive to Storybrooke High. Killian pulled over and parked, allowing me to exit.

"See you after class?"

"Yep!" I responded, chipperly. "You're heading to work right?"

He nodded, "Which means you'll have to find a ride or walk home."

I rolled my eyes ,"Of course. Later, Kil!" I called, waving over my shoulder as I turned and walked towards my school.

"Tell Peter hi," he called back, making me freeze in my tracks. I spun around, staring in disbelief at a smirking Killian speeding away. My big brother Killian was the only person who knew I was dating Peter. He also happened to be the only one who accepted Peter despite the different "social classes" the pair of us were in. I made my way thru the crowd, slipping into the empty gym. I hid myself in the dark corner beside the bleachers, my back turned towards the door. As I waited, I felt a sudden presence looming behind me. The gentle tug of my hair giving away to exactly who it was.

"Hey," I grinned as my boyfriend, Peter, sat beside me. He reached over, sliding his fingers between my own.

"Hello, Love." He replied, bringing my hand up and placing a feathery kiss on my knuckles. "I missed you..."

I smiled, leaning my head onto his shoulder. "I missed you too. I'm sorry I didn't call you. I was stuck entertaining a bunch of people my parents invited over before they disappeared for work trips."

Peter laid his chin on my head, shrugging. "It's okay, love." He went quiet for a bit. "Does anyone know?"

I bit my lip, shaking my head. "Not yet." I whispered. I felt him nod. "I'm sorry, I don't know how yet..."

We both went quiet, each lost in our own thoughts. As much as I wanted to bring Peter over to meet my parents, my parents were the rich snooty type that turned their noses up at people that were below high middle class. I wasn't sure exactly where Peter stood on the totem pole of class but I was fairly sure it was lower than what was acceptable to my family. I closed my eyes, groaning. I felt Peter run his fingers thru my hair and a small smile come onto my face. I reopened my eyes and looked up at him. He smiled at me in return. He leaned down, placing a soft kiss on my head just as the class bell rang. I sighed, pouting.

"I'm not ready to go yet..." I grumbled. Peter chuckled, helping me up and onto my feet.

"Neither am I." He said, walking down the steps. We stepped onto the gym floor and turned to face each other. "See you after class?"

I nodded. "Of course." I lean up on my tippy toes, reaching for a kiss. Peter grinned, leaning down to give me a quick peck. He pulled back and darted to the doors on the other side of the gym. I sighed happily and exited the doors behind me, heading to my first class.

They Just Don't KnowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara