Chapter 26: Counterpart

Beginne am Anfang

Leise: You should fall back now while you still can.

Y/n: *Sigh* I guess I should, but remember..this is just only the beginning.

Y/n teleports somewhere to escape and Leise put the twin balancers on its holsters before she walks away from us.

Tatsumi: H-hey Leise! Where are you going?!

Leise: ..After her.

Akame: Hold on. I don't know why did you stole Y/n's character and her twin balancer.. You were plotting something against her, I am right?

Leise: I didn't steal anything that clearly belongs to me.

Akame draw Murasame out and point the blade on Leise's direction.

Akame: You can't fool us.

Leise: ...

She quickly drew Aerux out and shoot the ground that she's standing to create another binding light and a lot of smoke around us. Akame wield her sword upwards to dispersed the smoke and saw Leise is gone. She puts her Murasame back to its sheath and went into our direction.

Akame: Are you guys okay?

Tatsumi: Yeah, we eliminate Seryu and the last Rakshasa demon but..

Mine: ..we encountered Y/n and attack us like what she did on you.

Akame: What happened to her?

Tatsumi: We don't have an idea either but it looks like she's siding back to the Empire. What should we do now?

Mine: If she really deserted us, that means she'll be mark as one of our enemies then..and to be honest, I don't want to fight her.

Akame: We should tell this incident to the boss and report that doppelganger who steal Y/n's persona.

Tatsumi: Yeah, good idea Akame.

We quickly left the area and meet up with boss on our secret base, i will ask the boss if she's knew something about this and maybe she have some answers regarding on this matter and..to Y/n's unpredictable movements.

Y/n's POV.

When I get myself back to the Headquarters, I saw my gloomy Scharfrihter, the Jaegers and a mad Esdeath who's now seating on Bolic's throne. I guess, we failed to secure that pig's life. I told them that Seryu and Suzaka were not be able to get back, Esdeath saw my tattered uniform and a bruise on my shoulder. I told her I'm fine..at least. She didn't asked why NightRaid escapes and kill Seryu on my watch and ordered get back to the palace. As we report that failure to the prime Minister, he meat seems unfazed and nonchalantly listened on us. I thought that religion is more important to him?

After that shameful incident, the prime minister immediately called a private meeting with his remaining viceroys, General Budou and me. He already deployed Esdeath to eliminate the western tribe who's been rumored to be the Revolutionary Army's second line of defense. So for the mean time, General Budou and I will teaming up with someone who's going to show up right now.

Honest introduce his only son Syura to the council and tell that he's going to handle the new commanding officer for the new hunting units for NightRaid. While listening to them, I found his voice seems familiar. The strange man on Mt. Fake and Syura's voice are the same, so this bastard is the one who delivered us on that isolated mountain. Should I be surprise or what?