"What. The hell. Was that about?" She says.

I forgot to tell her.

"D-Daniel, asked me out last night," I blurt out.

"OH MY GOODNESS! DID YOU SAY YES?" She shouts.

"Shhh, lower your voice! And I haven't really said anything yet. I was waiting to talk to you," I say.

"Why not? You know I would tell you to say yes! What's the worst that could happen?"

"It's all a trick and he doesn't actually like me at all and Ashley will literally kill me," I say.

"Dude, you gotta loosen up a bit. I get it, Ashley's a hoe, but you can't let her control you so much!" Bella says.

"As for the trick part, I don't think it is. He doesn't look at anyone the way he looks at you," she continues.

"If you say so."

The bell rings and we head to our classes.

———

As I walk into the gym for P.E., I see that the gym teacher isn't here today.

That means-

"Free class!" Bella yells running into the gym.

I laugh nervously.

Is that really a good thing though?

Everyone else starts to walk in, and just get on their phones. I do the same, when Daniel walks up to me.

"I never got your number," He says.

How smooth.

I give it to him, and he texts it to make sure it's right. As he texts, I look into his eyes that are making its way across the screen. The phone is being reflected off his glasses. My phone buzzes, and I open the text.

Daniel: 😙😝😁

Aww.

Me: btw, it's a yes 😌

He looks up and smiles at me.

Daniel: then I'll pick you up at 6!😘

Me: sounds good to me! Where are we going?

Daniel: you'll see 😉

I look up at him confused, and he just shrugs his shoulders.

This'll be interesting.

———

I arrive home at the end of the day, and greet my mom in the kitchen.

Did she skip work?

"How was your day?" She asks.

"It was good, yours?" I ask.

"I decided to skip work today, just thought I could use a break," she says.

I walk over and sit down next to her at the table.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

She nods.

"My friend, Bella, is going though a really hard time right now with her family and might need a place to stay. Could she stay here if she needed to?" I ask.

My mom looks down, deep in thought.

"This is a big favor your asking. She goes to the same school right? And you both know each other well? Is she polite?"