xᴠɪɪ | ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴄᴀᴅᴇ

Start from the beginning

     "Oh you clean up nicely! Did you start without me?" Ada was balancing a crystal glass filled to the brim with rose coloured liquid in one hand and baby Karl in the other.

     Cat rose her eyebrow in question, reaching to take Karl into her arms. The baby quickly nestled his little head on her chest, tiny hand grasping and tugging at the soft fabric of her dress.

     "You do know you're not supposed to drink when you feed the baby?" She eyed the glass in her hand with obvious disapproval. The newly made mother simply snorted, reaching for another dainty flute of bubbly liquid from the passing waiter.

     "Mum did it with Finn and he's fine I spose' ." Caterina was just about to retort when a deep cough sounded behind her back.

"Cat."

"Tommy."

     It was the first she saw him after the Black Star Day, ever since he tried to kiss her. Ever since she made the decision to not let Thomas Shelby play his wicked game with her heart.

     His eyes flittered over her exposed arms, but was quick to recover his stance. Not quick enough, though, as it had gone noticed by his other siblings.

"Good to have you back."

     "Just for the night." She quickly responded, balancing Karl on her other arm.

     It would be an understatement to say the emerald dress Cat wore fit her perfectly; it fell like spring waterfalls down to her ankles and flared every time she turned.

     Thin straps and open back revealed the olive tone of her arms, her gentle collarbones and just an indication of her chest. The fabric wrapped around her in a dangerously teasing manner, close-fitting in all the places people tended to look at for more than a decent amount of time.

    Someone else tugged at her dress now. "Catty can I be your New Year's kiss?"

     Thankfully, the youngest Shelby saved her from the uncomfortable conversation she almost had with his brother.

     "What a gentleman, how ever could I say no?" Caterina grinned back at Finn, eyes glazing over in joy.

     "The boys will be so jealous I get to kiss the prettiest girl at the party." The boy bounced happily on his feet, his cap going up and down with him.

     "Oh is that so?" She turned to see Finn's group of rascals several feet away from them chatting animatedly and pointing fingers at Finn.

     She pecked Karl's cheek once more before returning him to his mother.

     "Now Finn Shelby, would you care for a dance?"

     She was determined to dance her worries away even if it meant her feet would be killing her tomorrow.

*:・゚♛・゚:*

     A dance with Finn turned into another one with John, and a very energetic waltz with Harry the bartender who loosened his apron for the night.

     Just she was about to sit down for a drink and a fag, the Italian was swooped up by Arthur for something that must have been a traditional gipsy dance; the Lee kin spun their dance partners wildly around and Caterina could spot Esme and John having the time of their lives in the corner, swinging to the lively beat.