Chapter fifteen

Jameel woke up with a start. He half expected the men to attack him again, so he covered himself with his arms. He kept waiting, but nothing happened. Jameel lowered his arms, and looked around. He wasn't in the street anymore. He was in a hospital somewhere. He looked around and saw Aaliyah asleep on the chair opposite. He smiled at her as he'd remembered how brave she'd been. He would scold her later, as she kept putting her life in danger to save him. The thought of loosing her terrified him. He had just got his memory back, he couldn't lose her again. Also, what about his children? He didn't want to miss them growing up. But if it was between him and Aaliyah, he'd gladly give his life for Aaliyah's.

Aaliyah woke up and checked on Jameel. Thankfully, he seemed ok. The doctors were checking on him, at that moment. After they'd gone, Aaliyah ran up to Jameel and checked him over. She hugged him tightly and wept. "I thought I was going to lose you." Jameel hugged her back tightly. Suddenly, Aaliyah realised what she was doing. He doesn't remember me she thought. She drew back from him and apologised for overstepping the mark. "I just got a bit emotional, because I'm glad your children are not going to lose their dad. They love you and it would break their heart."

Aaliyah looked at him. "Well you're ok now, so i suppose I can go home now and let them know your ok." Aaliyah went outside and leant on the back on the back of the door. She sighed. It had felt so good being back in Jameels arms. How she had missed it. She went back home, and sighed. She told the children what had happened to mummy and daddy, and that daddy was in the hospital but he was ok now.  The children hugged her, as they went to bed. Aaliyah lay with them, wondering when everything would be ok.