After dinner and dessert and the whole ordeal we walked outside, our fathers still deep in conversation.

"Wanna go to the mall tomorrow?" I asked Zara.

"Sure, I'd love to," she smiled.

"My friends Vivian Markwell and Alexa Spencer will be there too."

"Sure, I like them."

I instantly liked Zara more than I already did.

"I'll see you in class tomorrow, then. We do have classes together right?"

She laughed. "Of course we do, miss oblivious. Math, Biology and Gym."

I smiled sheepishly. "Of course, how can I forget. Coach Colburn's pet," I teased.

"Aw shut up," Zara pinked. I laughed.

"Zara it's time to go," Khaleel, her bodyguard, said.

"Come on, Chloe," Keith said. I waved at Zara and walked to our car. We were halfway home when mother broke the silence.

"When were you planning to tell us that you plan to pursue journalism?"

I sighed. "I haven't decided yet, mother. I'm still considering it."

"What about Medicine? Law?"

"That's rich, coming from a fashion designer," I snapped.

Her glare was murderous. "What did you say?"

"Mother, that's what you and father wanted. I don't want to pursue medicine or law, I find them boring. I'd rather do something related to writing."

My mother turned away, muttering under her breath about what a disappointment I was.

I ignored the pain in my chest. 

◯◯◯

"What the fuck, Chloe?" Adrian shouted as I reached my locker.

"Keep your fucking voice down," I snapped, glaring at the onlookers. "What is it?"

"You cheated on me? With Dylan?"

"Have you forgotten that we aren't together?"

"No! When we were together."

"I didn't cheat on you with anyone, asshole," I couldn't believe I was saying this. What was wrong with this guy?

"Then explain this," he said and handed me his phone. It was a picture of me kissing Dylan at Sean's party, after I saw Caleb kissing the redhead. I cringed at the picture.

"This was at Sean's party. Who the fuck sent you this anyways?"

He avoided my eyes. "Shannon."

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?!"

"I should've known," he muttered.

I leaned close to him and his eyes widened. "We broke up six months ago, Winters. Get over it," I hissed and walked away from his stupid toxic presence.

"What was that about?" Vivi asked as we walked to Biology.

"Just some stupid unwanted drama. I wish he'd just move on."

"I'm sure he could move on if he wanted to, girls practically throw themselves at him. Our school does have a reputation for the hottest guys, after all."

I laughed. "That's true. Hottest girls too, I overheard a guy from Downer High say that."

"True. So Adrian must really love you, huh?" Vivi asked quietly.