Prolog

"Tomoe, I going out." Nanami hollered in through the doorway on her way out, before she ran back in patted Onikiri and Kotetsu on the head looking around she found Mizuki and hugged him, then ran back out.

- exactly 10 years later-

They died a year ago today, mom and dad that is, I resorted to living on the streets since then. It's been hard without them, but I do ok. I do what I can for pay if there's a job no one wants to do I'll do it. I need the money for food. 

People think I should be more depressed about my situation, but I like to try to look on the bright side, I can still go to school and get a real job once I graduate. 

As I'm walking, I bump into someone carrying groceries, a woman with brown hair and brown eyes that seem to look into your soul. I knock the bag out of her hands' food rolls across the ground. I immediately apologize, kneel on the ground, and start helping her pick everything up. "It's ok" the woman replies. She bends down to your level, looks you in your (e/c) eyes and asks, "Is something wrong dear?" you look down and quietly mumble out a yes. She lifts your head and she just says, "I know something is wrong. I may be a stranger, but you can talk to me." I'm not really the kind of person who tells people my problems tight away (todoroki), but the way she looked at me made me feel safe. "My parents died a year ago today, our house burned down. I was the only one to make it out. And on the way to school today I fell into a mud puddle but I had nothing to change into so I went through the day looking like a muddy mess. I missed the bus on the way back and had to walk. and an angry dog stole my leftover lunch. I'm just glad I got to help someone, even though I caused the problem."

She put the last of her stuff in her bag and stood up reaching her hand down to help me up. You took her hand and stood up. You were about to walk away when you heard her say "How would you like a home of your very own." at this point having a home of your own was a novelty idea. "I would love a home of my own" 

She pulls a pen out from her purse and grabs the receipt from her grocery bag and scribbles an address on the back of it. "Here,"  she says as she gives you the piece of paper, "You can have my home you're more worthy of it than me. Take care of Tomoe for me." "Who's Tomoe?" "that doesn't matter right now," she says, she gives you a gentle kiss on the forehead and starts walking away before she turns back around, "One last thing, I forgot to ask your name" "It's (y/n)" "well (y/n) good luck, you're going to need it." she says as she hurries off leaving you with nothing to do but go check out the address she had given you. Even if it did seem a little out there it wouldn't hurt to look.

Ok So if you read Always With You you will definitely notice some similarities but I think I put my own spin on things and I hope you guys like it. Also you may have noticed I'm not great at perspectives but I'm doing my best and feel it doesn't hurt the story too much.

This is my first book so comments are appreciated.