ii. Juliet

ii. Juliet

Nobody has ever looked at me like that for such a long time. Hell, I don't think anyone has ever looked at me at all honestly for the last six months. I can't get his face out of my head; his piercing blue eyes, his shy smile, just the way he looked at me. 

I shake my head, banishing the thoughts from my mind. I don't need to be hung up on some random guy I saw on the train for God's sake. I grab my camera from my bag and put the strap around my shoulder.

Feldro Denzil, he's my target. I see the flash of his trench coat and oddly enough, his top hat through the crowds. He's on a mission, as am I. My mission is to take him down. He screwed me over one too many times for me to let this go. I know he wants to kill me; him and his followers in his "Secret Society". But I enjoy the thrill of tracking him so I can catch him before he can get to me.

I snap a picture of him through the crowds. It isn't very good; it's a blur of him walking up the subway stairs up ahead of me.

I need to catch him in the act. I need a picture that shows the true person he is the stuff he does to people, all the horrible things. He got me apart of his society for awhile. I catered to his needs. I did everything he asked of me. I was his right hand man-well woman. I sold what he needed me to sell. I had customers, I had a system. Obviously he got bored of me and started ripping me off on each sale I made. In the beginning I was making fifty percent on each sale. Then he started giving me fifteen percent,  then it whittled down to a mere five percent. For a few of the sales I didn't even get a dime. 

That's when I decided I had enough of this. He thought he could trust me so he gave me five hundred thousand dollars of cash in a brief case to take for a weekend so he could pass a home inspection test that the police were doing because of suspicious activity. 

Well of course I took it. He deserved it. He deserves worse if you ask me. I took it all the way to New York. I bought an apartment with the money, I made friends, I had a better life. But then he found me.

I was having a party at the time, with my friends with my new life, when one of my neighbours came and told me that there was a group of men outside; one in a top hat and that they all had guns. I knew he had found me. After hours of waiting for him to come in and ruin my new life that I had made for myself, I couldn't help but drift off. So after all the party-goers had left, I went to sleep.

It was the weirdest feeling when I woke up the next day. Nobody would talk to me anymore. I walked through the streets of New York and the people looked right through me, ignoring me even if I attempted to talk to them. I don't know why it's like this now. But I've decided to live with it, I've become independent and a bit of a loner but if that's what needs to happen in order for Feldro to be taken down, then so be it. I never try to talk to people, knowing that they'll blatantly ignore me.

But ever since I found out that Feldro was in New York, I decided to follow him, before he could find me and kill me. I follow him every day, and take pictures of him wherever he is and whatever he's doing so I can catch him red handed and bring it to the police. 

I follow him into a coffee shop today. I watch from a table outside and see him sit down with a red headed woman. He's on a date? Well this was a bust.

I take a picture of him and the woman anyways, then put my camera into my bag. As I take my hand out, a note falls to the ground. Hesitantly, I pick it up and read it.

I saw you on the train. I'm Xavier. I know you've been through a lot. I can help you. I can teach you how to handle the after-life. Meet me at the playground in Groveheld Drive at nine tonight.

Um, the after-life? This guy is definitely on some kind of drug. Maybe he knows Feldro. . .