Jacob

As my senses slowly awaken, I breath in deep and reach for my Nessie. Our date last night was perfect. Even after our first kiss Edward let me spend the night in her room while they were at the big house.
My mind zooms back to the present, and I sit up so fast my head spins. Where is Renesmee? The bed around me is cold, and her spot is empty beside me. I strain my hearing to see if she's somewhere else in the house. It is only then that I realize a song is playing. I didn't recognize it, but the lyrics stop my heart cold:

Eyes make their peace in difficulties with wounded lips and salted cheeks.
And finally we step to leave to the departure lounge of disbelief.
And I don't know where I'm going but I know it's gonna be a long time.
And I'll be leaving in the morning come to the white wine bitter sunlight.
Wanna hear your beating heart tonight
Before the bleeding sun comes alive
I want to make the best of what is left hold tight
And hear my beating heart one last time before daylight.

No . . . no . . . no! It's just a song Jake. Get a grip! I quickly stand by the bed, and as I stare at the iHome, I can't dislodge my bone deep foreboding. I quickly yank the iPod off and slip it in my pocket, unwilling to hear anymore.
"Nessie!" I yell as loud as I can. No answer . . . no answer. I spin around the room, eyes cataloging everything I wish I could unsee. Her normal hygiene products are gone. No brush, no deodorant, no toothbrush, no perfume. And as I look into her jewelry box, my heart breaks. Her promise bracelet, that she has never taken off, just lying there. Her locket from her parents, the day the Volturi came, just lying there.
I squeeze my eyes shut, and then I am down the stairs and out the door. I call Edward's name, out loud and in my mind. They meet me halfway, the entire family. They freeze as they see me, and I look down to realize I still hold her bracelet and locket.
"Jacob." Edward breathes softly, deadly calm. "Where is she?" With those words I fall to my knees and grab the ipod. I swiftly hit play and the haunting song begins again.

And I don't know where I'm going but I know it's gonna be a long time.
And I'll be leaving in the morning come to the white wine bitter sunlight.
Wanna hear your beating heart tonight
Before the bleeding sun comes alive
I want to make the best of what is left hold tight
And hear my beating heart one last time before daylight.