"Oh, I didn't expect to see you so early in the morning, Kusuo." (Y/N) beamed, (e/c) irises twinkling as another of her carefree grins settled on her features. Twirling the grime-covered spoon between her fingers, she then proceeded to answering the strawberry-haired boy's inquiry as she took out a piece of tattered paper, practically showing it off. "I found a treasure map in my way to school. And, as you can see, I'm digging up for treasure."

A dimwit as always.

Kusuo didn't bother to even let out a sigh nor waste his breath reprimanding the clearly idiotic girl, knowing his words would only enter one ear then leave the other. After all, he has known the girl for just a little less than a year already.

Quietly, the young psychic extended his gloved hands to grab the piece of paper (Y/N) was flaunting before letting his eyes scan the contents of the so-called treasure map. It didn't take two brain cells to identify that the crudely drawn map was made by five or six-year-old with how messy the crayons were scribbled on the cheap piece of paper. In any case, whatever that treasure was, it's something not as valuable for high school students compared to kindergarten pupils.

"You're just wasting your time, idiot." Kusuo brazenly remarked, slapping the piece of paper without a single hesitation right at (Y/N)'s face. Without even letting her recover, the pink-haired psychic proceeded to grab the back of the female PK student's collar before dragging her towards the direction of the campus.

"Hey! I'm still in the middle of digging my treasure, Cyborg Fredric Cider Man Roger No. 2!" The (h/c)-haired girl releases a loud protest, calling the strawberry-haired male by the ridiculously long nickname she had come up not more than eight months ago. Now that Kusuo would think about, it's been quite a while since she had called her by the idiotic name. He can't say he missed it though. "You little shit-faced, dumb glasses-wearing twat, let me go this instance!"

Despite the continuous ear-splitting vulgar string of protests slipping from her mouth, Kusuo remained straight-faced during the situation whilst dragging the struggling girl's whole weight with one arm from behind him. Although his (e/c)-eyed companion was causing a commotion in the area, young psychic couldn't even care less anymore. After all, spending almost a year with such a rambunctious girl made him get used to her antics. And, (Y/N) may have interrupted a confession or two on the way in the wondrous season of White Day – which Kusuo quite enjoyed, being a person with a bitter soul within him.

"If you're just planning to waste your time, you might as well just waste it with me."

~~~~~

As the lamppost by the street would flicker from time to time, the placid luminosity of the waxing moon from above trailed soft kisses through his exposed pale skin, puffs of air forming to a small white mist with every exhale. The slow beat of Kusuo's shoes meeting the cold paved ground would echo through the dimly-lit, seemingly empty street.

Through his silent journey, the pink-haired boy can't help but reminisce his regret of letting his opportunity pass just this morning. Kusuo couldn't prevent groaning mentally for the umpteenth time of the hour. Seriously, what an idiot. He would repeat the same words over and over in his mind through each passing second.

It was honestly quite out of character for him. After all, he could just finish his piled up homework for the night in a matter of minutes. It was rather upsetting to admit that the thought had completely slipped off his mind due to the excitement he had towards making sweets last night. He honestly underestimated the time he would consume making desserts without a drop of help from his psychic powers. Well, it wouldn't be as much special if he was able to finish making his White Day candies in a cinch.