Don't worry about me. I gotta do what I gotta do. This is my job Liv and people are counting on me. I can't fail them.

I promise to come back.

Stay safe.

-Miles. "

He sat the pen down and took a deep breath. The note was laid on her bed since he thought she might not see it right away on the desk. Right as he put his bag over his shoulder he could hear Olivia's voice down the hallway. Slipping out the window, climbing down the wall as swiftly as he could, his feet touched the ground right as she opened the door. He could hear her set her stuff down while talking to what sounded like Gwen. Gwen's voice went away after a minute or two then Olivia said something.

"Where did Miles go?"

Miles leaned his head against the wall, looking up. The window was way above him but he could easily get back inside in seconds. Luckily he remembered to close it so she wouldn't look out and possibly see him down there. A bed creaked so he knew Olivia found the note.

"Oh god.. Miles what are you doing.."

"You have to come back.. you have to.."

"I'll leave the window open for you."

The last words she said hurt him. Miles made himself start walking before he went back inside. He didn't even know Olivia was silently crying a little as she reread the note.

He had completely forgotten to change into his suit so he ducked into a hiding spot so he could change. While he was swinging, now fully suited up and on his way to Cindy's, he had some time to think. His parents would obviously be aware of his absence from school and he had no idea of what he would tell them. They didn't know about him being Spider-Man which is something he wanted to hide from them as long as possible. There was no telling how they'd react to it especially with his dad being a cop.

His dad did admire Spider-Man a great amount. It took a lot of time for him too, in the beginning he didn't like him at all. He wanted that type of work be left to the policemen. After Miles saved him from almost dying in a high speed chase, his dad said maybe Spider-Man wasn't so bad after all. Since then Miles's dad had a lot of respect for Spider-Man and defended him from cops that acted like he did in the past. Miles was grateful for it.

Miles finally got to Cindy's. Luckily her parents wouldn't be home all week, both of them working jobs that had Cindy home alone half the time, so he didn't have to worry about that. They both worked business related jobs that sent them on week long conferences every few months. He knocked on the door which she opened within a few seconds.

"Well that was quick." She motioned him to come inside.

"Would've got here sooner if a bird didn't hit me."

Cindy burst out laughing. "Wait, a bird?"

"Long story. Let's just say it didn't go well."

Miles changed into his normal clothes and Cindy showed him where he could keep his stuff. Her apartment was cozy three bedrooms and a bathroom. The guest bedroom was originally supposed to be an office but they renovated it into a bedroom. The living room looked like it had been recently vacuumed and the kitchen looked practically spotless.

"Well someone did a lot a lot of cleaning."

"My mom always cleans before leaving on long trips. Makes her feel better about being gone for so long."