☾19

I can't help but fall for you.

- - -

     Awsten tapped his foot upon the cold concrete, his hands both in his pockets, and the jacket he was in felt like it was suffocating him. He arrived ten minutes early and he was beginning to doubt if she would show up or not. Underneath the cold winter weather of December, Awsten was impatiently waiting for her.

Oh no, He thought. What if she turned it down last minute? Shit, shit, shit, fuck–!

"Hey, blueberry," Y/n called out, walking towards him. He looked up to her direction and his eyes widened at the sight of her–she was wearing a cute dress with doll shoes and a coat over her outfit. Awsten smiled widely at her, walking up to her. She stood in front of him and giggled.

"Did I keep you waiting? I'm sorry." She apologized, a blush starting to form on her cheeks. Awsten shook his head, "Hey, hey, it's fine. I'm sure you're worth the wait anyways." He blurted out, a smile on his lips. She blushed even more and then Awsten slapped his hand on his mouth, closing it shut.

"I– I'm sorry! Did I just say that out loud? Oh my God!"

She laughed, placing a hand on his shoulder. Dismissing his reaction, "It's fine, blue. Let's go?"

- - -

The first place they went to was the skating rink. Awsten assured her that he was a professional, even helping her putting on her ice skates. He led her towards the rink, tightly gripping her hand to prevent her from falling. As they reached the ice, her grip on his hand became tighter and he smirked at her.

"Scared?" He teased, making her roll her eyes. He pulled her towards him, her face softly hitting his chest, "Just follow my lead, okay?" He gently said, rubbing her knuckles. She nodded and Awsten began leading her, grabbing her hand and skating around the rink.

Her legs were wobbling as she tried to grab on to Awsten's hand for support–to which he already provided–yet she still managed to hit her face upon his back. He laughed, turning around to face her while staking. "Right, left, right, left." He said, looking down at her feet. She began pushing her feet to match his chanting and she slowly began to skate properly.

"That's amazing, sunshine! I'm gonna let you go now, okay?"

She nodded.

As soon as Awsten did, she skated pass him and even did a twirl at the end. Awsten stood still as he watched her smirking at him while waving.

"You bastard! You just wanted to hold my hand!"

- - -

Awsten led her to the carnival, letting her pick whatever snacks she wanted for that evening. Naturally, she'd go with sweets but they passed by a Japanese stall and she knew she had to let Awsten try a takoyaki.

"Try it."

"No."

"Try it."

"No."

"Even for a kiss?"

"N– well," Awsten hummed, tapping his chin as he thought. She laughed, rolling her eyes as she picked a takoyaki with a toothpick, holding it in front of him. "Try it. Just once." Hesitantly, Awsten leaned in to take a sniff at the steaming ball food she held up.

It was delicious–the smell–the right mix of savory and sweet dancing in his nostrils made him want to give it a bite. Awsten opened his mouth, giving it a small blow before taking a bite out of it.

The flavors exploded in his mouth; the spice, sweetness of the sauce, and especially the tenderness of the octopus in it. He moaned involuntarily, holding onto her shoulder as he chewed in delight. "It's so good!" He said, mouth still full of the Japanese snack. She giggled, taking her piece and eating it.

"I told you it would be good," She said as they began walking towards the game booths. Awsten, who was taking another piece from her plastic tray, stuck his tongue out. "I didn't think it would be that good, but it is so I am eating it." He said, booping her nose. She discarded the plastic in the trash bin and she walked besides Awsten as he eyed some of the booths.

One stood out in particular.

"Oh! Let's do that, Y/n!" He smiled widely, grabbing her hand and dragging her towards the booth.

- - -

The night was fast approaching and the pair found themselves sitting on top of the ferris wheel as they watched the sun setting upon the horizon. Awsten leaned his back against the cold seat, closing his eyes as the breeze swept pass them. Y/n, on the other hand, was watching the sunset intently as if she was a child watching a magic show. Awsten opened on of his eye, looking at her side profile.

Her eyes twinkled as she turned towards the blue-haired boy, a bright smile plastered upon her lips. "Watch the sunset, Aws!"

"I think I'm gonna go blind but," he turned his head towards it. "If it's for you, then okay." He still had a smile plastered upon his lips, this one making her heart do flips and her cheeks to warm up. She was never one to do dates nor be affectionate to her significant other but when she was with Awsten, everything didn't matter. She knew Awsten went through a lot and she has seen Awsten in his worst, and she wanted to take those troubles away.

She wanted to be enough for Awsten. She wanted to make him happy and be proud of going this far. Her eyes were now locked with his mismatched ones, the ones she fell for the first time they showed the weakness that she wanted to take away. Awsten Knight had her smitten and he knew that, she hoped he did.

"Thank you for today," she softly said, running a hand through her locks. Awsten hummed, leaning against the cool metal of the ferris wheel seat. There was a comfortable silence between the both of them, neither wanting to break it yet she opened her mouth. "I've never had so much fun." Which wasn't a lie.

Awsten placed a hand on his heart, "If this is your way of telling me that you want to go on a date then okay, let's go tomorrow." He meant that to be a joke, yet once he saw the gleam within her eyes, he knew he'd see it once again tomorrow. She laughed, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Yeah? And where should we go tomorrow, Mr. Diva?" She smirked.

Awsten hummed, placing a finger on his chin, "Close your eyes and count to three."

She was confused but obliged anyways. Softly counting with her eyes closed, Awsten leaned in.  "Three. . ."

The sun was setting slowly, the light grazing upon her seemingly soft skin. Awsten leaned towards her, seeing how her softened features up close made him feel tingles every time. He would often feel lost in her eyes and he wasn't ashamed of it.

"Two. . ."

He would do great things for her, and she knew he was going to. Awsten wanted nothing more but to succeed for the both of them–he wanted her to see him succeed.

"One. . ." He brought his lips to hers and she instantly melted into his kiss. Wrapping her arms around his neck to draw him closer, Awsten smiled against her soft lips. She was warm; warmer than the sun itself and he knew he wanted her to stay.

i may sound like a total weeb but i published a boku no hero academia/my hero academia imagines book. if you're interested, go check it out. love you lots!