Chapter two

Midnightkit shuddered as the memory of going over the gorge with Darktail flashed in her mind. It would be a lie if she said she wasn't scared , but she believes her clan will save her. 
"My Kin, it is time for us to go , they are weak and I got something with one of the clans" Darktail chuckled and picked up the shaking Midnightkit. 
The young kit looked up to the tom; he seemed so cool and nice when she was just talking to him. Now he just seems cruel and mean. 
"Why take the kit, Darktail? That will make them follow us " a dark black she cat meowed, walking up to the rogue leader. 
"Oh no, Raven , they are too weak to fight us again, and the kit will have her use " he smirked through the kit's scruff. 
Midnightkit quickly saw how different the clan and her so called new home was. She no longer got the sweet love and care ; now she sleeps next to Darktail or Raven. At first she was hopeful Leafstar or Pigeonfoot would come , but as they traveled she knew she wouldn't go back to Skyclan.  
She was curious on where they were going, but she was scared to ask any of them. 
Midnightkit looked at Raven. Despite the she-cat's tough act, she seemed to have a motherly sense to her.  She thought that if she was going to ask any cat , she would have more luck with Raven. She padded over to the she-cat and tapped her with her tail. 
Raven looked at Midnightkit as the kit gazed up at her. 
"What do you need, kit?" she asked with a slight glare to her gaze. 
"W-where are we going " she whispered softly looking at her paws. Raven sighed , the kit was scared and she couldn't blame her. The black she-cat licked the kit's head with a pur.
"Oh kit , Darktail has unfinished tasks with some forest cats" she meowed and walked over to some sleeping rogues. 

A moon later 

Midnightkit was slightly older and could somewhat eat certain prey , but her favorite was thrush ;  and Darktail always made sure she had one at least once a day. The young she cat was beginning to see the side of him that she saw back at Skyclan. Perhaps he's had a change in heart.
     "Darktail, Darktail, Darktail!" Midnightkit called, running up to the rogue leader. She ended up tripping over some tails on her way over. Midnightkit shrank down in embarrassment before shaking the dirt from her pelt.
  "You must be more careful! We may be rogues but we're family." Darktail meowed, giving the young kit a few licks on the head. He glared at the others who stood around, watching. Most of the cats knew what to do, except for Rain. He was new to the group and didn't know it go hunting for a thrush.
As the cats moved off, in search of a thrush, Midnightkit settled in between Darktail's forepaws and started dozing. A black she-cat padded up to the leader.
"So Midnightkit is getting stronger everyday and she is slowly forgetting Skyclan. Darktail, what are your true plans?" The black she-cat hissed quietly to Darktail as she circled around him. 
"Just relax, Raven. Soon she will be big enough to train the kin way. Once we got her how we want her, we'll be able to use her ti get into the clans." Darktail said menacingly.
The two quickly quit talking as a tom padded ul to them, carrying a thrush. Darktail lightly prodded Midnightkit from her dozing. " Come on, Midnightkit. Time to eat up so you can grow big and strong," he said as Nettle, the tom who had brought the thrush to her, set it down and backed away. 
Midnightkit nodded and sat up. She began to pluck away feathers in order to get to the tantalizing meat. She was starting to enjoy the Kin. She could pester anyone and nobody would get mad like they would in the clans.
                                  Three Moons Later:
   "Midnightkit! Come to me. You are now of age to train the Kin way." Darktail yowled as the small black and white she-cat stalked up to him. "I know your loyalty lies with us so, in return, I give you the honor of being trained as one of us. We welcome you, Midnightpaw!" Darktail's voice rang out. He let the cats cheer for a momen. "I, Darktail, leader of the Kin, will train you myself." He announced once it had quieted down a bit. 
Midnightpaw saw Raven and Darktail swap meaningful looks. She was curious to know what it was about but she wasn't going to bother asking because, after all, it was probably none of her business.
She was so happy to be a part of the Kin. She was so glad she wasn't a part of some mouse-heart clan. 

''Shall we begin father" she said coldly as she looked out to her family. Darktail chuckled darkly and lead the she-cat to train for battles. 
"Darktail , Nettle says we are about a few more days travel " Midnightpaw reported to her father , and gave a look to some of the new cats they picked up. 
"Good work now let's work out the plan one more time my dear "Darktail purred as the two sat down with Rain and Raven. 
"It is time the clans to pay for what they've done. My own mother needed their help and they left her and me to die in the snow " Darktail growled as the kin cheered to their leader. 
Midnightpaw smiled as she looked around , they all wanted one goal and were all advanced fighters."In two days we will strike and the clans will feel our wrath" Midnightpaw said as she curled up next to her father for the night.
Darktail smiled ; his plan worked and this cat was completely his and he feels like he could have the clans fleeing in fear. 'Oh Onestar you will feel the pain I felt , and the destruction of the clans will be on you ' Darktail thought as he closed his eyes for the night. 
As dawn drew nearer , cats began to stir. He walked over to the fresh kill pile , plucked a thrush and a mouse and walked back to where Midnightpaw slept. As he ate , he thought about what today would bring. Today would be the day that the clans would slowly start to pay. Oh, yes he thought. The clans will pay. 

Once he finished , he started to wash. As he washed , Midnightpaw began to stir next to him. She lifted her head and gazed around , sleepily. 
She sniffed,  "Thrush , my favorite. Thanks father." Midnightpaw pushed herself to her haunches and began to eat. 
When she finished and washed , she walked over to Darktail , who had moved to the edge of the clearing to speak to his senior kin. "Darktail  , today is the day. " She meowed as she approached. 
"So it is ," he purred. Darktail leaped up onto a boulder that sat on the edge of the clearing. ''Everybody! Gather here!  We are having a kin meeting!" He yowled. 
Cats slipped out of dens and quickly walked to the boulder and sat down to here what their leader had to say. 
"Listen well! Today is the day that me will start the destruction of the clans. They live by their wretched code , believing that only they are good enough to live here , that they are only ones who belong. Just because they are clan-born," Darktail said , voice dripping with scorn. "Today will change everything!"
The kin yowled in agreement. Midnightpaw looked up at her father , pride swelling in her chest. She was proud that he was her father. Darktail was an amazing cat and a wonderful leader,  and Midnightpaw is glad they are kin.
"We shall taste victory soon!" Midnightpaw yelled. She caught her father's eye and was happy to see approval glinting in his gaze. 
''Which clan will we start with?" Asked Rain , who was setting next to Needletail. 
"Windclan?"   Raven suggested.  
"No , Windclan is last." Darktail murmured. 
"How about Riverclan?" Roach spoke up.
  Darktail sat there for a moment before replying,  "Yes , Riverclan will do. Shadowclan tomorrow,  then Thunderclan , then finally. Windclan."
 Nettle frowned, "Once we attack them today, won't the other clans prepare for our attacks next?" 
Darktail nodded, taking it into consideration. "Well , it won't give them time to prepare. Yes they will know of our attack on Riverclan but it won't give them time. It'll take more than a day for them to prepare. We shall have no breaks in the days " he meowed. 
Nettle nodded. Darktail leaped down from the boulder and was walking through his cats , talking to them. 
Midnightpaw turned her gaze to the sky and let her thoughts wander. She didn't do this often , but when she did , flashes of lying next to another kit when she herself was still no more than a kit herself would appear. She thought they were memories but she didn't know from what. When she saw the kit , it looked so much like herself  , she just told herself that it was nothing. While she was thinking , she didn't hear her father walk up to her. 
"Everyrhing ok?" He meowed , sounding concerned. "Look , if you don't think you're ready for battle ..." he trailed off as he saw Midnightpaw's eyes flash with anger. 
"Of course im ready !" She snapped. "I'm just itching to get a move on." 
Darktail's eyes flashed.  "I'm so proud of you , my daughter. It's time we left now." He turned and signaled with his tail. The cats fell in behind and Midnightpaw fell in beside her father. Darktail charged away from their camp,  towards Riverclan's territory. The cats behind followed him , their eyes glinting with hatred. Today would be the day that they would begin to destroy the clans.