Chapter 12: The Guilt

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"THE THRONE IS SO MUCH BETTER!! WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU! WHY THE H*LL CAN'T YOU F*CKING SEE IT??"

"Has the thought of disgracing your family ever crossed your mind? I mean what  is even more absurd is that you want to divorce me just because I care enough about you.", Samantha taunted.

"If you won't do it for yourself, at least do it for your family. Our family."pleaded Nikolai.

"No."

"I'm sorry,What?"

"I said no."

"Excuse me?"

"I....said...NOOOO!!" Samantha shrieked like a banshee.

"DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME!! YOUR DAMN FAMILY HAS NO DECENCY NOR OPINION TO TELL YOU WHAT BIG OF A MISTAKE YOU ARE MAKING, BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING F*CK. BUT GUESS WHAT? I DO. I AM YOUR WIFE AND YOU'RE GONNA DO WHATEVER THE H*LL I SAY, YOU GET ME?"

"You know what? F*CK YOU, SAM! F*CK YOU!"

"Get out."

"What"?

"Get out. Get out! GET OUT!! GET OUT, GET OUT, GET THE F*CKING H*LL OUT NOOOWWWW!!!!", Samantha screamed at the top of her lungs before Nick could say anything to calm her down.

Soon after, the nurse and I entered the room to check on Samantha and on what was going on after just hearing them screaming at each other.

"Your Highnesses, are you okay? It's time to take your medicine."

"Let's go, Nick.", I told him.

I invited Nick to walked through the gardens with me for a while to hopefully calm himself a little bit.

"Nick, you have to understand. She's not feeling well. She's not in a great state nor mind to talk about these things. Maybe I could help." I suggested hopefully.

"You were eavesdropping?"

"Well, you guys were screaming like crazy at each other..."

"Oh, yeah. It's just really difficult now. Sam doesn't understand me anymore. I thought she did, and that was why I married her." Nikolai said sadly.

"And now I finally want to do something I really want for once in my life, and yet she's just not very supportive."

"Just give her some time, Nick. I'm pretty sure she needs to get used to it. She's probably overwhelmed. It's normal for someone who loves you so much to worry a little too much." I said in effort to cheer him up.

"I don't think she'll change her mind. I mean I'd be disappointing her parents too. The reason why her parents gave me their consent was because they knew I'd be king, and now that I'm not..."

"And you see, Sam's from an elite family. It's just so embarassing if she had to give up this lifestyle for me. That was why I brought up the divorce."

"But the thing is, Nick. Sam doesn't love you for those things. She loves you for who you are. Why does her parents' opinion matter so much? They accepted you because they knew that Sam really loves you, and how much you love Sam too."

"Just give her some time. Then when she's ready to talk about it, then talk to her." I suggested trying to encourage him.

"Thanks, Rach.", he said as he smiled at me. And I smiled back.

I went back to the Palace with Nick, and along the way, we parted ways. As I was walking I saw Felix.

"Honey? Come here!'', Felix called for me from afar.

"Yes? Oh, who's this?"

"This is our Royal Adviser Aleksander Andersen. Andersen, this is my wife Rachel."

"Pleased to meet you.", I extended my hand to shake.

"Likewise, Your Royal Highness.", Andersen shook my hand.

"Rachel. Just Rachel." I said warming up to him. He shyly smiled.

Andersen was dressed in a crisp sophisticated uniform, to which contrast to his bashful yet rugged face. He had the most gorgeous dirty blonde hair and green-blue eyes, which seemed to change colour depending on its angle and where you look. He looked like the definition of beauty. The last thing I remembered from that conversation was the look of his eyes that were calm and yet had a mischievious yet somewhat dangerous glint in those orbs.

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed reading Chapter 12! I will be trying my best to upload a new chapter every week, so stay tuned!

Writer: Rachel
Proofreader: Nadia
Advisor: Madeline