☾18

You're all that I want.

- - -

       After Christmas, they–sadly–had to go back to Houston for the New Year. The two of them were closer than before, her family observed, after the kiss they were left blushing messes around each other throughout the whole evening. Yet, when it came to sleep that night, they both stayed up and talked about their favorite things and memories, spilling secrets here and there and also laughing at serious moments that would send the other one laughing uncontrollably like the other.

The drive back home was faster, Awsten thought, because all they did was tease and talk nonstop. Although the trip consisted of them not looking at each other, cause they would end up blushing again, he was pretty contented with just being that. She dropped him off his house, but before he could climb out, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him.

He kissed her tenderly and feverishly this time, causing her to blush. He winked at her before climbing out, waving goodbye and saying, "See you later!" He said as she drove away.

Now Awsten was laying face flat on his couch, Jawn ans Geoff smilingly widely at him while he groaned in embarrassment. "I want the ground to swallow me whole." Awsten groaned,  gripping his hair. Geoff, on the other hand, found the entire situation amusing. His best friend was acting like a sixteen-year-old over Y/n and Awsten knew he wouldn't see the end of this. "You're a wussy, but hey! At least you kissed her!" Jawn tried to lift his embarrassed spirits up.

Awsten groaned even more, his cheeks burning into a fun color of crimson as he thought about how soft her lips were against his– Wait, no. Awsten, please stop. He told himself. "So, are you gonna man up and ask her out?" Jawn asked. Awsten lifted his head up, looking at the calendar that was hanging up on the wall and his eyes trailed on the dates before New Year.

He still had today, which was the twenty-seventh of December, to make his move. He sat up, looking at his friends as an idea popped in his head. Geoff smiled even wider, "I know that smile. You've got something–"

"I've got something!" He interrupted Geoff. The older male rolled his eyes, crossing his arms to listen to whatever Awsten has to say. The blue-haired boy stood up, a triumph smile upon his pale lips as he paced around the room. With one hand underneath his chin and other scratching his hair, he turned towards his friends. "Okay, I've got four days before New Year's eve and if I ask her out everyday during those days, there's a high chance that she would be my girlfriend."

There was a moment of silence.

"You're fucking dumb, do you know that?" Jawn snorted, causing Geoff to hit the back of his head. Awsten groaned, taking a seat on the couch once more. Jet jumped on his lap, rubbing her head in his chest and Awsten ran a hand through her soft fur. Geoff took a seat next to Awsten, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Even if you don't ask her out everyday, Aws, there's still a high chance of the both of you being together." Awsten looked at his best friend.

When he first interacted with Geoff, it was a lie when he wasn't shy–yet he repressed that feeling and they instantly became the best of friends. He was there when Awsten wrote Airplane Conversations in crutches, even helping the boy whenever he wanted to move. Throughout the years, their friendship only grew and Awsten was grateful for having him as a friend. When he found out about Geoff being a dad to Rory, he was ecstatic for he knew that Geoff would be the greatest father any child could ever had (and also because he would be an uncle).

Awsten sighed, running a hand through his worn-out blue hair, "You think?"

Jawn sat to his other side, nudging Awsten's shoulder, "Of course we are sure. I mean, have you seen the way she looks at you?" Awsten felt the same fuzzy feeling in his chest, building down to his stomach once more. Jawn smiled, "Awsten, see that? That's the effect you both have on each other."

He looked at Jawn, confused, and the red-haired boy smirked, "Oh, you don't know? You're in love with her." As soon as those words came rushing out of Jawn's mouth, Awsten blushed even more. From his neck up to the point of his ears. "I- what? No! I mean, erm, actually–" Jawn laughed, patting Awsten's back.

"You fucking blueberry! Can't believe you didn't know!" Jawn playfully scolded him, nudging his arm. Awsten blushed even more, turning into a bright shade of red, "I– well, I haven't. . . felt any of this before."

"Felt what?"

Awsten cleared his throat, "Do you– do you ever feel happy and giddy at the same time when you see something? Like, I don't know, when you were a child and you wake to find tons of gift underneath the Christmas tree, when a butterfly lands on your fingers, or when a little kid says 'hi' to you. I– I feel that when I'm with her.

"She makes me feel so. . . so happy and I don't want to let her go. When her eyes just shine with the sunrise or sunset–she likes both–and when her smile widens at something funny or when she plays with children. Oh my goodness, when she plays with her nieces and–" He stop rambling, seeing the smiles plastered upon Geoff and Jawn's faces. He blinks a couple of times before he gasped loudly.

"I– I am in love with her."

- - -

With a fast-beating heart, Awsten walked up to her front porch with a bouquet of assorted roses in hand. He gulped as he walked up the first step, listening as the stair creaked under his weight. He sighed deeply as he stood in front of her door, his grip around the bouquet was now shaky. With another gulp, he brought his fist to the door and knocked on it.

Was this a mistake? What if she's allergic to flowers? Does my hair look nice? What if–

"Hey, Awsten!" Her cheerful voice dragged his out of his doubtful thoughts. He looked up and his breath hitches at the sight of her.

She was just in her lazy clothes–an oversized sweatshirt and sweatpants with her hair in a not-so organized way. Yet, Awsten was smitten by her appearance. "You didn't tell me you'd stop by this early." She joked.

Awsten's cheeks burned up again as he chuckled, looking away from her delicate gaze. He scratched the back of his neck and extended his arm, holding the flowers towards her. This time, she was the one to blush.

"O- oh! Thank you, although, you didn't need to get me fancy things." She smiled, gracefully taking the flowers in his hand. Her fingertips brushed against his and that sent them both to a blushing frenzy. "Wanna come in?" She asked and Awsten nodded, stepping in as she stepped aside.

Her house was comfy–to Awsten's liking–and was lit nicely. She led him to the living room, making him to sit on the couch as she excused herself to change into some "presentable" clothes, yet he assured her it was fine and asked her to sit down next to him.

"So, uh, do you– Well, it's fine if not, but, ya know, would– would you consider going out with–?" Awsten was stuttering, the blush still evident upon his pale cheeks. She smiled widely, placing a hand on his face, pinching his cheek.

"I'd love to go out with you, Aws."

His heart fluttered.