Chapter VII Mary Adler

Start from the beginning

"Dan, stop it. I'm focusing on my prayers." Mary chastised her little brother who seemed to be constantly bothering her in the middle of her prayers.

"It's. . . it's a demon big sis!" Cried the little boy who is now clinging into the side of his solemn sister.

"Danielle?" Mary unclasped her hands, opened her eyes and looked into the eyes of her younger brother who was frozen in shock. "What's wrong with you?" She asked him softly. Her brother only responded by pointing his finger into my direction. And that's when a demon crossed my ghostly image to reach the children.

"What innocent and pure souls for a meal," the demon said in a distorted voice while walking near them. Quickly, Mary protectively hugged her brother as he began to sob.

"Don't you dare go near us," Mary spoke softly to the demon who did not even give a damn about her warning. The demon was similar to the demon Gold has recently slain. It has the wings of a bat, has reddish brown skin and sharp horns as a bull. The demon smirked and jumped at their front, wagging its arrow-like tail.  "Scrumptious brazen children," the demon hissed, showing its snakelike tongue. The children cowered in the corner of the altar. "Oh merciful God the Father, we beg of you to give us your divine protection." Mary closed her eyes and blurted out her prayer. The demon laughed hysterically as to purposely mock Mary's call.

"How dare you enter the holy covenant of God demon!" The monk shouted, stopping the laughing demon in its attempt to touch Mary who is now in the rush of praying 'Our Father' in whispers.

"Eh?" The demon twisted its neck and glared at the monk. "How dare you interrupt my meal hypocrite freak?" The demon twisted its neck again and jumped at the monk who instantly changed pace, battle ready. "Run!" The monk ordered, extending his long thin leather scourge and striking the demon in the process. The demon screamed raucously as it flaps its wings high in the air.

"You'll pay for this monk!" 

Red burnt marks appeared in the muscular body of the demon where the scourge was stricken.

The raged demon moved fast, pushing the air heavily with its wings to outbalance the monk who was readying to attack again. Series of gust of wind hit the monk but the attack was weak which failed the demon's attempt and gives the monk the upper hand as he takes a fast leap at a nearby podium to strike the demon in mid air. The demon shrieked in pain as it was dragged down on the solid ground, face first since the scourge was recoiled around its neck, leaving burning marks in it after. 

The demon stood up, it is obviously outraged, and then it said,
"You'll pay for this high price!"
which was answered with the monk with an amicable, "Whatever price you want me to pay you won't even pay the price for your sacrilegious entrance in the house of the Lord. Let's see who'll pay the higher price now?"

"Bring it on bitch!" Squeaked the demon as its eyes are changing colors from blood red to dark red. The monk did not show any signs of fear even though the ambience is now becoming so dreadful that I could slightly feel the goosebumps seeping through my sinews. The demon took flight, flapping its bat wings heavily in order to gather strong winds to attack. The monk held the scourge tightly with his hands and charged the flying demon, his attack did not succeed as the scourge was ricocheted the moment it collided with a much stronger gusts. Right after the failed attempt, the monk stood firm and tried again, this time he was successful for the scourge reached the demon's left foot, dragging it near him. The demon flapped its wings harder then it twisted his body fast to purposely coil the scourge around its foot, and with a creepy smile creeping in its grotesque face, the demon sharpened its claws and hit the monk at the chest, extracting blood out from it. The monk deliberately loosened his grip on the scourge as he was forcefully blown directly at the altar, destroying the holy symbolic figurines and stuff on top of it. The demon landed on his side and started to delicately play with his sharpened long claws before it says, "It seems you're the one who's going to pay me higher pay than what you've thought you'd pay me."

The monk gets something from his back stealthily, a silver pocket knife deadly for demons, he stabbed the demon's leg with it which made it scream in pain again.

"You're talking a lot," the monk pushed it harder.

"You're making me force to devour you," the demon clenches its sharp teeth and slitted the throat of the monk. Blood sprayed the demon's face and to the altar. The demon moved its hands and dug it deep into the monk's chest, getting his heart. The demon opened its mouth and devoured the still beating heart of the monk.

"Now it's time for real scrumptious meal."

____________________________________————————————————
————————————————
AN:

I'm dead tired.