☾17

I won't stop until I make you mine.

- - -

          With a smile upon his lips, Awsten stared in awe as Y/n played with her nieces and nephews in her parents' living room. He was standing within the hallway with some of her aunt and her mother, clearly not listening to their gossip for he was too entranced by Y/n's natural aura around children. She was carrying one of her niece as she sang nursery rhymes to the rest of them; casually poking their noses and patting their heads. His heart leaped, getting caught in his throat when she threw her head back in laughter as her nephew told her a joke–it was a genuine laugh, something Awsten learned to love.

"Ah, you love our little girl, don't you?"

Embarrassed by the question, he looked over to her aunt–who had a giant smirk on her lips–and smiled nervously at her. "W-what? I, uh, no? Wait, actually– Well, uhm–" God, why am I so awkward? He mentally scolded himself, wanting to scream at the embarrassment he put himself into. A warm hand found itself on Awsten's shoulder, making him stop talking. He looked up, seeing her mother smiling at him.

"Awsten, we have nothing against the idea of you being her boyfriend." His heart fluttered, clouds rushing in and out of his mind as he tried to process the words coming out of the elder woman's mouth. He was about to say something when he heard her angelic voice piping in. "Can you two stop pestering him?" Y/n joked, grabbing his hand and tugging on it softly. "He looks terrified."

"Oh, come on, dear! He loves us!" Her aunt exclaimed as Y/n pulled him out of that awkward situation and dragged him to the backyard. He sighed in relief as she pushed the sliding door aside, letting him go out first before she trailed behind him, sliding the door close. Mimicking his sigh of relief, she grabbed on his shoulder and looked at him with a smile.

"Sorry for them. That's my family for you." She giggled, her cheeks dusted in a pinkish hue. Awsten stared at her for a moment, admiring how the afterglow of the sunset illuminated her softened features and how the soft breeze swayed her hair that made some of it fall on her face. Hesitantly, he reached out for her face, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. She blushed, widened eyes staring into his mismatched ones with a goofy smile plastered upon his lips. "I don't really mind, Y/n. Besides, they're really welcoming." He laughed, gently pulling his hand away from her face.

She giggled, the soft melody finding its way to Awsten's ear. "Y/n?" He gently called out, hoping not to ruin the moment they were having. He couldn't understand how he felt about her–he met her months ago, when he was at his worst, she was there. When he felt likw getting suffocated by the world's weight, she let him breath. When the sun never shined its' light back on his eyes, she took him to see it again. She was gorgeous, a true godsend, and Awsten wanted to cherish her forever.

Yet, he was scared.

A part of him, which was still healing, told him not to. He was torn apart between no and yes, but one look in her eyes; he knew what he had to do. He wanted to wake up next to those lively hues, telling him to get up and be the better version of himself. He wanted to caress her soft skin and hold her tight. He wanted to be with her and that he must do. But, what was holding him back?

"Yeah?" She replied, matching his soft tone. Awsten blinked as her eyes locked with his for the nth time, yet every time it does–it gives another effect on him. Like colors finding their way into Awsten's eyes for the first time, butterflies attacking his stomach, and a fuzzy feeling riling up in his chest and mind whenever she does that. Oh, the things she does to him and she doesn't even have to try.

Awsten scratched the back of his neck, a blush spreading throughout his cheeks, "Well, uhm, I wanna ask you something." And he was hoping she'd say yes.

"Okay?"

"I was wondering if. . ."

"Aunt Y/n! Come play with me!" Cried out a small voice that managed to slide through the sliding door. Now that the sun was no where to be seen and her attention was directed towards her nephew, Awsten felt sad. Just as he thought she was leaving, he looked up and saw that she signaled the little boy to wait for him, gesturing that she was talking to Awsten.

The boy nodded and ran back to the living, giving them privacy. Awsten coughed as she looked back at him, indicating for him to go on.

"Would you– wouldyougooutwihme?" He fumbled over his words, the blush spreading towards the tips of his ears. Confused, Y/n tilted her head to the side. "What? I didn't–"

Awsten sighed, putting his hands on her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" Wait, what? Awsten, what the fuck are you doing?! Stop! The little voice in his head screamed at him, yet Awsten was too lost within his glossy eyes. Y/n's eyes widened as her blush crept up from her neck to her entire face. What seemed like ages (roughly a minute) became silent for the both of them at Awsten's sudden outburst.

"Yes." She breathlessly said and Awsten wasted no time.

He pressed his lips upon hers, feeling the softness of it and he knew he never wanted to pull away. Sparks and fireworks were exploding around them, their hearts were in sync, and all they could think was each other. Awsten has been in relationships before, yet he never felt this way towards someone. He felt love–he was in love with her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and stood on her toes, helping her to match his height. Awsten smiled and closed his eyes, snaking his arms around her waist to secure her.

What a lovely Christmas gift she is.

- - -

double updated 'cause i'll be away for a while.