Appetite part 3

A/n: have some art I drew based off this mini series. ^^^. Yes it was based off the song, yes I can't draw trees.

It had been about 7 months since you caught L in the act. He could no longer hide what he was doing to himself, and you were helping with the recovery process.

You'd scribbled out the calorie counts on packet food, you'd been watching him eat, staying up late to make sure he didn't go back into the habit of throwing up every night. And cooking for him. You also didn't want him to see his weight, so whenever you checked up on it, you'd cover the numbers. You'd say if he was doing good for not, but not give an exact measurement in fear he'd take the numbers badly.

On top of that you've been complimenting him more, giving him more positive attention. You'd brush his hair, pick out clothes for him, occasionally get him to try skin care with you. If it was his appearance he hated so much, you'd help with that. Not change him, but make him feel better about what he already had.

And everyday you put something nice on a sticky note on his computer monitor.

Today's breakfast was French toast. Although L's major sweet tooth gave him a distaste for savoury, he'd eat your cooking. And your cooking only. He'd fallen asleep at his desk last night, not very good for his back but you didn't blame him. With all the case work he did he got really tired.

Finishing up the cooking, you grabbed the plates and walked out into the monitor room, glancing at the screen and seeing most of the taskforce still asleep. You put the plates down, turning to L and gently shaking his shoulders to wake him up.

"L?"

"Hmm?"

"Wake up sweetie, it's morning" you smiled.

Sitting up and rubbing his eyes, he took a second to bring himself to reality and fully wake himself up.

"Did I fall asleep at my desk again?" He asked.

"Yep, you really need to start going to bed earlier" you replied.

You slid his plate over to him and he gave you a smile.

"Thanks"

"Gotta make sure my baby is fed" you replied, placing a kiss on his forehead. "I'll be back, I'm getting drinks"

He watched you leave with a smile before turning back to his breakfast to eat. Before he could he noticed the daily sticky note on his screen.

I'm so proud of you:)

Your words giving him a warm fuzzy feeling, his smile brightened. He thought about everything as he ate. Last time you weighed him you said he was doing really well, he wondered what the exact numbers were.

He could actually see a difference in his reflection. He was still pretty stick-like. He naturally was. It was just he was TOO stick-like before. He'd definitely put on a little more weight. His cheeks seemed different, his waist and hips too, his legs and maybe it was the food you were giving him, but his skin seemed clearer too. He could see the progress, and slowly but surely he was breaking himself out of the toxic mindset he was in. You came back with some tea, sitting next to him and sliding a mug over for him. Digging into your own food, you watched him carefully, making sure he was eating properly.

One by one the taskforce stared to wake up and come down to eat breakfast and get to work. Light walked by, but stopped to do a double take.

"L" he began.

"Yeah?" L replied.

"You look different"

You listened in, ready to bash a bitch if you had to.

"I... do?"

"I don't know what it is but somethings different..." he pondered.

L gave him a slightly confused head tilt. Light seemed to catch it and snapped his fingers when he got it.

"Have the girls been making you do face masks or something? You look... softer?"

"Softer?" L snickered.

"Look I don't know how to describe it, you just look healthier" Light replied.

"Well you're half right, (y/n) decided to use me as a test subject for some cleansing thing the other day"

"It's called witches hazel and it clears your skin" you jumped in.

"That must be it. Anyway I'm hungry, I'll do Kira work later" he said, leaving to get breakfast.

You turned back to L, scanning him down. Light was right, he did look softer.

"Wow he was actually right, soft is a good word" you said.

"What does that even mean?" L giggled.

"I don't know! It just works. And you see, people are noticing you look healthier, even your worst enemy admits it"

"I guess I really did just need a wake up call. In retrospect, it was a good thing you caught me. Now that I see how dangerous it was getting I'm actually scared to think what would have happened if I continued"

You wrapped and arm around him and gave him a squeeze.

"It's been a while since we last looked at your weight, finish breakfast and we can do that. You've come so far, I'm proud of you" you smiled.

After finishing up breakfast you did just that, went up to your room and pulled out the scale from under the sink cabinet.

"Well, let's see"

Covering the numbers from his view, you got him to step onto the scale and watched the numbers rise. When they stopped a massive smile broke on your face.

72kg. Exactly where he should be.

Noticing your smile, he assumed he was doing good.

"What is it?" He asked.

Now that he was were he should be you decided he was allowed to see the numbers.

"Spot on!" You happily exclaimed, taking your hands away and letting him see.

Upon reading the numbers, a smile broke on his face. He'd done it, he'd beaten it. He hadn't thrown up in over half a year, he hadn't even thought about image in months and now he was exactly the weight she should be. He'd finally beaten the disorder. Filling with joy, he pulled you into a tight hug. One you gladly accepted and returned.

"I told you you could beat it!" You smiled.

"Thank you so much (y/n), for everything" he replied.

"I couldn't let you continue to suffer like that. Now don't go thinking I'll stop watching you. Until I know for sure the possibly of a relapse is off the table I'm still keeping this system in place"

That was for the best. While he may have beaten this weight wise, there was still the looming possibility of a relapse. But he was happy you were looking out for him, making that possibility slimmer.

"I love you (y/n)" he said.

"I love you too..."

Breaking the hug to lean forward into a kiss, your lips touched, savouring the joyous moment. When the kiss broke he smiled down at you, love in his eyes.  You'd done so much for him and he'd always love you for that.

"What did I tell you? You've come so far and finally won the battle, I always knew you could do it" you said.

"I guess that mindset just made me believe I didn't deserve anything of I didn't look good" he replied.

"Everyone is deserving of love, everyone"