"You will all choose one weapon that you can take outside of class." She smirked, probably imaging the bloodbath that would follow.

"All firearms are not permitted outside of class, we find that they are too efficient and easy to use." She continued on with her monologue, "We don't want all of you dead do we?"

Just like kindergarteners, she made us line up in front of the cupboard. Becky, Santiago, Park, and I were towards the back of the line. Since I elbowed Santiago out of the way I was in front of our group. Even though he was behind me, I could almost feel Park's discomfort. When it was finally my turn I stared down at the assortment of weapons. I have never even held any sort of weapon before so I was completely overwhelmed. I've used a knife to chop vegetables before so...

I started to reach for a knife in the corner of the cupboard and picked it up.

"They come as a pair," The blonde lady spoke, nodding to an identical knife in the cupboard.

I grasped both handles, two knives are better than one, right? Park came moments after me with a machete. I raised an eyebrow in response.

"It was this or nunchucks."

I nodded as Becky approached us with a collection of throwing darts, no doubt laced with something nasty. She shrugged.

Finally, my ass of a brother came over with a pair of...

"Nunchucks." Park coughed out, turning red in an attempt to contain his laughter.

"It was the only thing I recognized," Santiago defended himself, that moron.

"Do you even know how to use those?" Suddenly Park's machete didn't seem that ridiculous.

He was quiet for a minute before sighing, "When I was little I really wanted to be a ninja and my dad bought me a kit that had nunchucks in them and I got really good."

I smirked as I thought about a little devil running around with nunchucks, no doubt injuring himself in the process.

"You are good with them, then...?" Becky was skeptical, mirroring our thoughts.

"Yeah, I mean, it was at least six or seven years ago?" Santiago responded and then demonstrated his skills by smacking himself in the face. I doubled over laughing, that frickin idiot! I haven't laughed that hard since hanging out with my friends during lunch.

I miss the familiarity of my life,

same people,

same places, it was comfortable. Every weekend, I'd hang out with friends at the mall,

"Steph~ what do you think of this new lipstick?" Audrey's heavily accented voice came from behind me, her tanned skin offset with a vibrant crimson.

"Lovely!" I, myself was trying on various foundations.

"Do you think your brother is into pink or red?" Zoe's voice came from across the aisle as she held up two eyeshadow pallets.

"For the last time, my step-brother is an asshole, you don't want to date him." I made sure to emphasize "step", it was going to take a lot to make me see him as anything else.

"He can't be that bad, I'm sure you'll warm up to each other at camp!" Zoe came around the corner, her short stature mimicking that of a well endowed twelve-year-old. Her real name wasn't actually Zoe, but she changed it to fit in more. Not that I sould remember what her actual name was. If she wanted to be called Zoe, I had no problems with that.

"Aww~ I'm gonna miss you, babe! Bring back some souvenirs!" Audrey joked, grabbing my arm. If only we could bring our phones, I'd be able to stay in touch. We hugged each other before leaving the store to get some coffee.

"I am just out of practice," he grumbled, red spreading across his face. I still can't see Zoe and him together, she's way too sweet for a player like him.

"Sure...," Park raised an eyebrow before patting him on the shoulder as Becky merely smiled. I looked between them, Becky with her large painter's shirt and Santiago's tight, white t-shirt, they fit together perfectly.

Ahahaha, fuck this.