My name is Coraline not Caroline.

Start from the beginning

she looked like she wanted to say something but before she could i walked out the door and down the steps outside.

"Stupid, stupid Coraline. as if your not strange enough," i grumbled to myself. 

" Goodmorning Caroline" Miss Spink and Miss Forcible called out. Supposedly they're in their fifties but only look around thirty. they called down to me from their theater room. they invited me over to watch some sea world play although i doubt it would be entertaining or comfortable with the many dogs that they have. 

" how many times does she have to tell you her name is Coraline, not Caroline" my other neighbor yells. He's nice i suppose. He has this weird mouse circus that i never even seen but when i deliver his mail, it always smells like cheese.

i continue on walking, counting the bricks on the bridge until a rustle from the bushes spooks me.

picking up a stick, i walk up to the bush and wack at it as hard as i can.

The bush lets out a scream that sounds awful a lot like a teenage boy's voice.

"ow, what did you do that for," a boy with a silver mask says.

" i was only trying to rid myself of annoying pest who stalk girls on their way to school," i said waving my stick around in his face.

He takes the mask off and pushes a handful of unruly brown curls from his face. 

"My name is Wyborne or Wybie for short," he says. 

i just stare at him. " well why are you born, what do you want"

"My name is Wyborne, not why are you born. i came here to warn you," he says rubbing the back of his neck.

A black cat jumps out of the bushes.

"oh, that's Wuss-Puss. He's sort of my cat but always very wild" he says rubbing the purring black cat's fur.

i give him a look of impatience, loudly tapping my yellow rain boot covered feet in the water puddle.

 "You have to get out of here, don't trust anyone and follow the eyes. they're hidden in plain sight," he said suddenly turning serious. 

"what do you mean don't trust anyone and out of where are you some crackhead or something," i said slightly tilting my stick.

he let out a tiny growl.

what was he a dog or something,

"Listen, not everything is as it seems . just watch closely and you'll see," he explained looking at his watch.

"i think you're crazy and your dumb vermin too," i said still in denial.

he shook his head, brown curls softly sweeping over his eyes.

" i have to go, oh and Caroline. That stick you're holding is poison ivy," he said smirking.

i dropped the stick, quickly rubbing my hands onto my coat.

when i looked back up he was gone. the only thing left behind was his stupid cat.

"You forgot your cat dumbass and my name is Coraline, not Caroline" i grumbled while itching my hands.

i looked down at the poor thing.

"what's your name again? never mind you cant talk. Look, my name is Coraline okay" i said not expecting a reply.

a deep voice answered back" Cats don't have names".

sure enough, the fucking cat was talking.

"no?" i answered back.

"no, now you people have names. that's because you don't know who you are. we cats know who we are, so we don't need names" he said walking back with me to my house.

i open my coat and tell the cat to get in . for some reason my mom isn't very fond of animals.

once we make it safely into the house and upstairs i close my door and start putting mudd on my hands.

" sit down, i have something very important to tell you, Coraline, " the cat says licking his paws on my bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

part one. 1201 word count

vote 

share

follow

and comment for more updates.

Thank you for reading.