chapter eight: finding out

Start from the beginning

Peter frowned, remembering that his plan will never happen nor work. It was a fail. "Yeah..."

You sighed and smiled at him. "Night."

Peter nodded. "Night." He saw you closing the door so he spoke. "You look ni—"

He couldn't finish his sentence when you shut the door. Peter looked around and thought for a moment. 'No. I can't let this day end without confessing to her or spending a few minutes with her.'

He took a deep breath and walked towards your door to knock but you opened the door. "Oh, hey." You greeted.

Peter smiled. "Hey. Uh... look, um... I'm not ready for this trip to be over yet, and I kinda wanna do something fun, that's not on the itinerary or plan, or with Mr. Harrington..."

"Yes." You interrupted him from finishing his sentence.

Peter confusingly blinked twice. "Yes, like, you wanna go?"

You nodded with a wide smile. "Yes."

Peter let out a soft chuckle and smile. "Okay, awesome. I'll see you outside in ten minutes?"

"Meet me outside in five minutes."

"Five is good."

"Okay."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

You closed the door and leaned on it, your smile growing. You squealed quietly and jumped a little. Peter, on the other side, grinned widely like a Cheshire cat and walked away excitedly.

You swiftly glanced in the mirror as you fixed your hair and clothes. After collecting yourself together, you went to the door, threw on your jacket, and opened it to see Brad waiting there.

"Oh! Brad." You said.

Brad smiled. "Hey, (Y/n)."

You looked around then at him. "What are you doing here? Do you need anything? Can I help you with something? Did I—"

"I like you, (Y/n)."

You pressed your lips together and cleared your throat. "Brad... I, uh, I don't know what to say." You took a deep breath and held his hands. "Look, I really appreciate what you've done for me these past few months even when we were young. You're a great friend."

Brad's smile slowly faded to a frown as he looked upset. You sighed. "I'm sorry, Brad, but I like you as a friend. I like someone else..."

"It's Peter, isn't it?"

"What? I—"

Brad let out a sad sigh and looked down, scratching the back of his head. "I knew it. I knew you have feelings for him. Those small glances, smiles, and slight blushes whenever you see him. Everything."

Your heart cracked as you watch your friend looked heartbroken. You pulled him into a hugged and he was surprised. "I'm so sorry, Brad."

He hesitated at first but hugged you back, smiling. "If you like Peter so much then you have to tell him how you feel."

You pulled away from the hug and looked at him in astonishment. He gave you an encouraging smile. "Now go and get him."

°•○●○•°

You and Peter are walking and you could feel the awkwardness surrounding you two. Peter thought of something that could break the silence. "I'm glad we're doing this."

You looked up from the ground to look at him. You gave him a small. "Yeah. Me, too."

"Just see the city a little bit," Peter added.