Why hasn't this happened yet?

Start from the beginning

...

Okay, I'm rethinking this. I don't think I'll transcribe the vlogs exactly. Or even partially. Most of the time my dad is just repeating the things that I've already told you, so it's basically pointless. long story short, though, my dad dramatized himself looking through the grass in search of the rock, then there's a whole couple of minutes devoted entirely to him touching the rock for the first time. The rock screams at him again and so, naturally, he makes a big show of putting the rock in his backpack and then signs off until later. He promises a live stream later that day when he figures out what exactly the rock is. 

After ending his recording my dad immediately started editing the video. He was an expert at navigating himself while looking at his phone, so his just plugged in his headphones and plugged away. It didn't take him long before he was at the public library. He couldn't wait until he got home to post the video, so he took a small detour to the nearest free-wifi-producer. He sat down for about three minutes and then the video was published. Now, before he even got home he should have a couple thousand views, which virtually guaranteed a decent-sized audience for his live-stream of the rock. Awesome. 

From the library Frank headed directly home. It took him about half-of-an-hour taking the back way, but it was well worth it. When he got home he came in through eh back door, a big sliding glass one that was smooth enough that he had to purposely slam it in order to announce his presence. Just in case that didn't work he yelled too. 

"I'm home!" He said, loudly. 

There was a moment of silence before he heard a response: "pizza's in the fridge!" Yelled Frank's mother from her bedroom. Frank heard a faint grunting come from his father's office. 

Frank slid past the fridge, slipping the box of pizza out as he went, and then thundered his way up stairs to his floor. When Frank's parents had bought their house they hadn't expected that Frank would end up having a whole floor to himself, but over the years Frank had slowly expanded. He had taken ownership of every room little by little, and his parents hardly went upstairs often enough to notice, so by the time Frank was thirteen both him and his parents considered the entire second floor to be Frank's property. Frank made good use of the space. His bedroom and remained his bedroom, but now one of the spare bedrooms was a studio, and the other was a green-screen-room. The guest bathroom was Frank's makeup bathroom, and the hallway closet was Frank's prop storage. Frank never had anyone over, so this wasn't much of a problem for guests, as long as they didn't intend to sleep while they were hosted. 

Frank beelined for the first spare bedroom, where he fished the rock out of his drawstring backpack and placed it in the middle of the bed. He dropped into an office chair and with one push rolled all the way to the equipment desk he had set up in the closet. He picked out a good close-up camera, then grabbed a tripod. He rolled back and set up the tripod at the end of the bed. After fastening the camera to the tripod he fished a wire out of his backpack. He plugged the wire into the camera and then rolled the other end to the laptop in the closet. It didn't take long for him to set up the livestream. Now, all he had to do was press a button on his phone to start broadcasting from the camera at the end of the bed, then, within minutes he'd have half of the internet watching his rock. Perfect. Before he'd press the button though, he'd have to educate himself, so he pulled up google. 

Now, I'm not going to go into detail about my dad's research process—because that would be boring. But I should probably explain that the way my dad makes videos he understands that if you're gonna talk about something you should at the very least know a little about what you're talking about. So he does slight research. For this particular live-stream he did basic research of the types of rocks in his region. He did research on the different small animals and rodents in his area. He even did research on large-animal droppings, just to cover all of his bases. Once he thought he was educated enough to hold a monologue about what kind of rocks the one he found definitely wasn't he decided to begin.