Pt. 2

———
if you wouId just use
what you got...
to get what you want
and forget this chump change.

———

I put the last of the Large T-shirts in their rack and begin to fold the hoodies that the customers have flipped over.

"I done came over here 15 fucking times." I mumbled stacking the clothes again.

If they flip again I'm not fixing it.

"Armani come help me with this, please." I hear Marie yell from the back.

I walk towards the back to see Marie struggling to hold the shoe boxes, that she stupidly stacked high.

"Why would you put them this high? That's dumb Marie." I roll my eyes taking a box from her.

"I just want to do one run," she whined, "But obviously it didn't work."

"It sure didn't." I say walking towards the back, where she is.

I help organize and stack boxes and scold Marie when her clumsy ass would drop something.

"...sorry." I glare at Marie as she drops another box.

"There's a customer up front, Armani go help them..." I hear, my manger, Randal say in my mic.

"Why can't you do it?" I ask with attitude, you got enough time to call me but you don't want to help???

"Because I'm the manger." He says

He irks me. I'm just glad I get off in under 20 minutes.

After I helped the customer I sat at the counter bored out of my mind.

"Ain't you supposed to help us?" My eyes snap towards three girls with a shirt in hand.

"I mean... what you need help with?" I ask setting my pen down.

"I need this in extra small." One of them ask the other looks at the candy that sits in the corner.

I walk towards the back and look for an extra small. I go back towards the front to tell the girl we don't have anymore.

"Aye, we don't have any—"

I was cut off by the tallest girl in the group. I'm not gon' lie she fine... she fine as hell.

But I don't roll that way so... hm.

"Can I ask you sumn?" She said, both the other girls went somewhere else so it was just me and her.

"How much money you getting paid here?"

My eyes squinted at her, "Enough..." When in reality I'm barely surviving.

Her dark eyes scan up and down my body, her high aggressive masculine energy was putting me at unease. Though her appearance reeked femininity.

"You ever think 'bout usin' what you got to make more money?" She starts to lean over to look at my backside but I move over.

"Y'all not no escorts right?" I ask pointing my finger around to her friends.

"Hell nah, we dancers." I turn around towards the girl with yellow hair.

"Couldn't pay me anything where I gotta fetch clothes all fuckin' day." The other said.

"This Roxie and Chastity." The tallest pointed to the two girls.

Roxie's hair was loud as her mouth was. Her brown skin contrasted with the copper dress, she wore and hoop earring with her name in them. Her makeup was over the top too with long lashes and subtle but loud eye makeup. Her nails were pure nail Porn though.