Gellert Grindlewald

He was arriving today.

Old Bathilda Bagshot had told Albus about her great-nephew and how she thought Albus was going to like him. He just hoped she was right; his younger brother Aberforth was beginning to drive him crazy, and they were only a few weeks into the Summer. He needed someone else, someone other than his feral brother and his frail, disturbed sister Ariana. And from what he had heard from Mrs Bagshot, this Gellert Grindelwald boy was very intelligent, which is just what he needed, trapped in this cramped little village filled with ordinary people. After all, if he couldn't escape and travel the world any more, he might as well have someone to keep him company. So what if Grindelwald had been expelled from his last school? At least he was a new person.

And that was why Albus was waiting expectantly outside his house on the day Gellert Grindelwald was going to arrive. Bathilda had gone down the road to collect him, and Albus could just see two silhouettes walking back up, with suitcases levitating behind them.

Gellert was tall and handsome, with shoulder length golden hair and a mischievous face. He stopped, stood before Albus and held out his hand. "You must be Albus," he said in a calm voice. Albus took his hand and shook it uncertainly. Gellert's fingers were cold. "And you're Gellert," he replied. He tried his hardest to look dignified, and not in utter awe of Gellert. Aberforth, who was standing behind Albus, sighed sharply. "Can I go in now? You dragged me out here just to see this pretty boy who you're going to attach yourself to as long as he stays. I have no interest in him."

Gellert's manner changed abruptly as he turned towards Aberforth. "And what do you know, you stupid little boy?" He snapped. "You should show people a little more respect when you first meet them, like your brother."

He took a sideways glance at Albus, who had the strange sensation of fluttering in his stomach. It must have been something to do with the fact that Gellert had just voiced Albus' exact feelings, and nothing to do with how handsome he was.

Aberforth raised his eyebrows and took a step backwards. "Okay, fine I'll just leave you two to it. You're obviously birds of a feather. Albus, take your new friend far away from me and Ariana, I want nothing to do with him."

Aberforth shot Gellert a cold look, then, with an equally icy glare at his brother, he stormed inside and slammed the door behind him.

"Well, I'll just take your bags inside then, dear," said Bathilda. "You two go off and get to know each other." She smiled at them, and with a wave of her wand the bags floated away, her walking behind them.

Then they were alone. Gellert glanced over at Albus, who hastily looked away. "So..." Gellert said, "shall we walk?"

He strolled past Albus and winked at him. Albus grinned and followed Gellert; he was already beginning to like him. As they walked together through the tiny village, they began to talk. Obviously, Gellert initiated the conversations. "Do you have many interests?" He asked.

Albus blinked. "Uh, I like to pursue knowledge...uh...I'm sorry, I don't really have any normal hobbies."

Grindelwald laughed. "Neither do I, Albus, neither do I."

They were just about to pass the Godric's Hollow graveyard, when Gellert stopped dead, right outside the gate. "Say... you wouldn't know anything about the Deathly Hallows, would you?" He glanced slyly at Albus.

Albus hesitated. They had only known each other for half an hour. How much could he trust Gellert? But he only hesitated for a second, before he said, "yes."

Gellert's eyes became alight with sudden excitement. "You—you do? I mean, you're the first person I've ever met who knows anything about them!"

Albus glanced nervously around before leaning in and whispering excitedly, "why? Do you know something?"