And now he looked at you. His big, blue, teary eyes met your (E/c) ones. You continued. "And Varian, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You don't deserve it. I'm so sorry that I haven't realized this sooner, I-"

"It's not your fault." He spoke.

It's Rapunzels. A voice in his head said. That was also the reason that he hadn't been sleeping well lately. This voice in his head. But this he couldn't tell you.

"I just want you to know that I'm here for you, okay? " You told him. You weren't good at comforting people, but you did your best.

"Thanks (Y/n)." He said. You smiled, and your hand moved up to his face, holding his cheek.

Slowly you moved closer. His eyed winded and he blushed hardly, getting redder than the fire in front of you. He froze. Was this really happening?

It was.

Your faces were now inches away from his, and your cheeks began to burn as well. You didn't really know what you were doing. It was like your body moved automatically. And then you realized something, that you deep down always have known: You liked him. You really liked him.

It wasn't thanks to the fire that both of your bodies were warmer than ever before. You were about to close the gap between the two of you when you heard a familiar voice.

"Ahem!"

You and Varian froze in shock, quickly moving away from one another in the blink of an eye. You looked up to see Eugene. He ruined everything, that fucking #?!#?#?!##!?

"Oh hi, sister. I sure don't hope I was interrupting anything. I just came here to switch places."

Flustered, you and Varian stood up. You awkwardly dusted some dirt off your red skirt.

"Thanks, Eugene," Varian spoke, nodding. Eugene didn't say anything but just sat down, sending you a death glare.

"Goodnight." You said to Varian. He smiled at you, and then both of you went inside your tents.

That was the first night that Varian had gotten a proper sleep in a long time.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was the next morning, and you all sat in front of the campfire, eating sandwiches that Cassandra had just delivered. When no one noticed you would take a peek at Varian. You pretty much gave him a declaration of love last night, but honestly, he didn't seem very happy. You told yourself it was because he missed his father, but it still hurt. Something in you had hoped that something between the two of you would've changed, but guess you were wrong. 

And regarding the others, well they were still very fascinated by the fact that you had powers.   

 "I still can't believe you have powers (Y/n)." Rapunzel giggled, as she checked if her purple dress and armor sat right.

"Yeah, it's crazy. Rapunzel and you can be partners in crime now." Cassandra added, finishing her sandwich. 

"Yeah, so crazy," Eugene mumbled, looking at his sandwich, without taking a bite. Something was clearly wrong. He had been quiet the whole morning. You looked away from Varian and over to your brother. He was either grumpy because he saw you and Varian last night (Which was still embarrassing as hell), or the fact that you had powers. 

You sighed. "What are you-?" You began, but he interrupted you.

"I just can't believe you didn't tell me sooner." He began. Yep, he was talking about your powers.  "If anyone else found out you could be in danger, you know that? That necklace is very powerful... (Y/n) you have powers, and you didn't tell me? I'm hurt. I would've understood if you, for example, didn't tell Cassandra, because she's Cassandra, but me? I'm your brother."