Moonjumper's Lullaby

the night was cold and the moon was full stars littered the sky with their shining lights, the forest was quiet, the ghosts were silent, peaceful even.

though besides the night as beautiful as this one not everyone had the mental capacity to enjoy it, in the small clearing of red twine the moon shining its lovely rays upon it in a hammock made of string two figures were laying in it one seemed to be comforting the other as they cried out full blown sobs while trying to speak.

moon held onto you as you trembled and cried out, tears cascading down your face, everything was chaos in your mind and all the pressure was taking its toll on you.

moonjumper watched worried as you tried to control your breathing you were having a full blown panic attack, he kept his arms around you and rubbed your back reassuringly before an idea came to mind, usually it would work in these kind of situations hopefully it'll do the trick.

"hush now, hush now, no one can hurt you now.." you looked up at him with a tear stained face as he smiled and leaned down to gently kiss your forehead and continued singing.

"see that all you accomplished, now take a bow!" he grins his sharp fangs glistened in the moon light, your cries were startling to stop.

"everyone has their own battles inside their hearts so please.." he pressed his head against yours. "be gentle."

you seemed to have calmed down now you had your eyes closed listening through the song occasionally looking up at him with tired half lidded eyes.

"you never have to fight your battles alone..." he quietly sings while staring directly at you that sentence seemed more of a statement with no question then actually just singing the lyrics.

"darling, oh won't you please calm your heart. just close your eyes...and hear your heartache wisp away...let sleep embrace you, dont be afraid of the dark." you were startling to fall asleep, occasionally your hands would make a neading dough motion much like a cat would.

"please, allow me to pacify your mind. just rest, oh rest...and feel your pain be blown away..." he looked down at you realizing that you were almost asleep and smiled and rubbed circles into your back.

"so no harm done, oh no pain shall come...for now put your worries aside."