You pursed your lips together, finding his words unconvincing.

"Well Peter, I mean there was the white string coming out of you in Venice. The ride to Prague where you literally jumped out of a moving bus! The fact you ditched the Opera and then showed up where the monsters were- you knew my name!"

"Have you been watching me, Y/N?" he asked coyly, raising and eyebrow. You were caught off guard- maybe you had been watching him, you did in fact like him, so it was hard to not watch him- but you played it off by scoffing.

"No!" you said (unpersuasively), "and stop trying to change the subject." You said sternly, pointing your finger at him. He uncrossed his arms and let his shoulders relax, looking at your sincerely.

"I'm not Spider-Man," and you could've almost believed him, "besides that guy last night was Night Monkey."

"Then why does Night Monkey have the same webs as Spider-Man?" you said, digging your hand into your bag and fishing out the silver contraption. You handed it to Peter, and he took it curiously, seemingly dropping his façade.

He looked at perplexedly, "What is this?"

"I have no idea, it just came off your web last night-"

"Hey, I said it wasn't me!" he said almost sharply.

"Then where were you last night?" you countered.

"I was sick..." he said slowly. You rolled your eyes slightly.

"You were the last one to come back!"

"I got lost," he tried to convince you again, but his attempts fell short.;

"Peter-" you said, beginning to become extremely irritated, but your frustrations were cut short when a beaming light emitted from the silver object. Peter dropped it as it cast a scene in between the two of you.

The monster was swirling around above you before it disappeared.

"What did you do?" you asked.

"I barely touched it," Peter grumbled, bending down to inspect the device. "What.." he whispered to himself lightly grazing his fingers along the metal and over the- his?- webs. "Does this mean-"

"is all fake?" you said finishing his sentence. You both looked at each other perplexed. Peter picked up the device holding it between the two of you.

"But we were there, everything was real- the destruction, the fire-"

"Wait, we? Peter you just said-" he ignored you as he continued to ponder.

"Who would do something like that?" his question was answered as quickly as it was asked. The device began to project again, but this time, swirling around the monster was a trail of puffy green smoke...

"Mysterio." You said, looking back at Peter. He was already looking at you, eyes opened as wide as they could, a look of sheer terror on his face.

"Y/N" he started, "I am Spider-Man" – your heart skipped at the confession- "And I messed up really bad." He said, cringing at the end of his sentence.

"Wait, you are Spider-Man?" you clarified. He nodded, his face still fear-stricken. "You're being serious with me right now?!" you screeched.

"Yes, I am. I'm Spider-Man and I need your help."

"Oh my god, Peter! You're SPIDER-MA..." you were cut off by his hand covering your mouth.

"Don't shout it out for everyone to hear! Come on, I'll explain everything on the way back to the hotel." He said, taking your hand in his and leading you back along the bridge. Your heart was already beating fast from the confirmation of your reservations but skipped a beat at the feeling of his skin against yours.