FOURTY - FIVE: Trigger

Meanwhile, Kingpin and Venom were fighting fiercely. Venom had gotten close to being able to eat Kingpin a few times, but Kingpin would always push him back. Kingpin slammed his fists on the ground, cracking it and causing Venom to almost fall through the newly formed ravines. Venom created a sort of rope out of his own body that allowed him to lasso Kingpin's neck. Kingpin grabbed it and swung Venom into a wall. Venom turned to Spider Man, who was looking around for Green Goblin and Maisie, who were both missing.

Shit. This isn't good.

"Yeah, I'll say. Hey, Spider Boy! Can you use your weird spider powers to find Maisie?!" Eddie asked.

"That's not how it works!" Peter shouted back. "But...I have a hunch as to where they took her..."

"Lead the way," Eddie requested. So, Peter led Eddie to a large white building.

"It's a laboratory that's owned by Norman Osborne," Peter explained. Eddie nodded.

"I know. I've interviewed him a few times," Eddie admitted.

Shut up and let's go get our daughter!

"My thoughts exactly," Eddie agreed. Venom took over and he and Spider Man raced into the building and through security.

"She'd be on one of the lower levels. That's where test subjects are held," Peter informed Venom.

"How do you know so much about Oscorp?" Venom wondered aloud.

"My friend is Norman's successor," Spider Man answered.

"Is he your eyes and ears out here?" Venom questioned.

"Why would I need one of those? I have super senses. Besides, I would never drag my friends into my business," Peter denied.

"Yeah good point. I didn't really have a choice. My friends insisted," Eddie admitted. "I shouldn't have dragged a kid into all this...not after everything that happened in San Fransisco..."

"Well, we can figure that out when we get to her. Come on!" Peter exclaimed. Eddie transformed into Venom, and he and Spider Man fought their way into Oscorp, heading down the elevator into the lowest levels of the building.

Once the elevator stopped, Spider Man and Venom dashed out and began looking through all of the labs. They finally came across a lab where they found Green Goblin laying unconscious on the ground, and the restraints on the metal table had been melted away.

"It's still hot," Spider Man informed Venom as he instantly regretted touching the molten restraints. Venom facepalmed.

"That's what happens when the metal is red like that," he remarked.

"Shut up! I knew that!" Spider Man yelled, his voice cracking a little. Venom laughed. "Quit being mean. Let's go find your kid."

Spider Man and Venom looked in all of the other labs before rushing back up the stairs to the lobby, where they found Maisie, face to face with Kingpin. She still had the wound in her chest, but it seemed to have seared itself closed for the most part.

"There's nowhere to run now, monster!" Kingpin taunted Maisie.

"Leave me alone! I'm just a person!" Maisie yelled. Kingpin smirked at Maisie before catching a glimpse of Venom and Spider Man. This sight caused his smirk to grow into a mad, wide grin. He pointed his gun at Maisie before turning it to face Spider Man and firing. Venom saw the shot, however, and pushed Spider Man out of the way, being hit by the shot instead. Maisie heard this, and freaked out. "You...you tried to hurt my daddy and my friend...there's nowhere for you to run from me!" Maisie shouted, running up to Kingpin before he could react and kicking him in the face, causing his skin to feel like it was burning from the inside. She took his gun and shot him before pocketing it for safe keeping, and then promptly passing out.