Chapter 43 Part 1

Beginne am Anfang

Back and forth.

"You like me?" I asked.

"Would you like the truth?"

I nodded as I stepped closer to Marcus, we continued to sway. "I've liked you since freshman year"

"Marcus" I whispered. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I was way too nervous"

"So how did you come up with the courage now?"

"Well, we graduate this weekend so I thought 'Now or Never'"

"Well how brave of you" I smiled.
If only Marcus would have just said something Freshman year! He is so charming, very witty, and my type. The song came to an end and I looked up into Marcus' beautiful green eyes. Here he is, the guy I needed back in Freshman year.

"I guess I've got some balls" he joked.

"Well I would hope that you do have balls" I smiled. Marcus moved in closer, put his warm hand on my cheek and pulled me in. Our eyes were locked, staring into one another's. I bit my lip as he pulled me in closer. His lips parted right in front of mine, and I did not move an inch. And then finally, his warm sweet lips grazed upon mine, and I liked it.

I liked it.

I didn't back away or hesitate, I continued to allow Marcus to kiss me. Slowly, passionately, enjoyably.
This moment was amazing for me, I was here at a high school party, having high school fun, and kissing a high school boy. Our lips parted and Marcus smiled at me.

"Wow"

"What?" I asked.

"Better than I had ever imagined." He spoke, so kindly, so innocently. I smiled as he took my hand and we walked towards the others. Everyone sat around the bonfire, all cuddled up with blankets and hats. It was a beautifully chilly night. Marcus and I took a seat next to my friends, he pulled a blanket over our shoulders and we cuddled near the fire.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Here's my number"

I smiled and retrieved the small piece of paper from Marcus' hand. It was around five in the morning, everyone was headed towards their cars to go home. "Call me" He smiled. "If you've got balls"

"Well um, haha not literally, ugh you know what I mean, right?"

I smiled back and caught up with my friends. "So, you and Butler huh?"

"Butler?!" Beatrice yelled, "As in Marcus Butler?!"

I nodded, blushing.

"Natasha can I speak with you outside for a second?" Rachel asked. I followed her out of my car and we walked around the parking lot.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" she asked, smacking my arm. "Are you on crack?! Were you high? Drunk? Under any influence what so ever?"

"No!"

"What about Michael?!" She yelled.

Shit.

My heart just dropped, all the way to my toes. I was so caught up in the thought of my normal high school night that I totally forgot about everything else.

"Oh my gosh" I gasped.

I cheated.

I'm a cheater.

"Rachel" I started. I could feel a tear forming in the corner of my eye. "I didn't mean to..." "I swear." Rachel held me in her arms.

"Baby cakes, it's okay."

"No it's not! I was in some normality trance! I got so distracted by the thought of having a normal high school night that I totally forgot about Michael and everything else! I feel like the worst person ever" The tear finally decided to stream down my red cheek.
"It was just some hookup babe, you're fine."

"It was nothing more than a kiss"

"We kissed, and I liked it. I think I'm starting to like Marcus." I admitted.

"Alright snap out of it, you are crazy in love with Michael Okay? We need to get you home ASAP, pronto!"

I feel so guilty.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey babe"

Michael was waiting for me in my room. The sight of him made me feel even more horrible than I already did.
His eyes lit up when he saw me, like they always do. "Hey" I smiled.
I want to tell him, but I don't want all of this to be over. Mr.Allon leaned in to kiss me and I turned my head causing him to kiss my cheek. I immediately regretted that.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm don't feel so well at the moment"

"Oh, is it..."

"Yea" I interrupted and grabbed my lower stomach. "Cramps"

"Okay love, get some rest. I'll see you later" He kissed my forehead and exited through the window like always. I just lied to him again. What have I done? I'm without doubt stupid to mess up something so good! I laid in bed, still grasping my lower stomach, and starring above at the ceiling, waiting for my dear friend sleep to whisk me away into a darkness so peaceful.

I was awoken by the sound of my phone ringing, the sound of the terribly annoying ringtone that I have not changed yet. When I saw the name on the Caller ID, I jumped up and cleared my voice. It was Marcus, Marcus Butler.

"Good morning sleeping beauty"

I softly chuckled into the phone, "Good morning Butler"

"How are you this afternoon?" He asked. Did he say afternoon? I looked on my night stand digital clock and it was five o'clock in the afternoon! I slept all day!

"I'm awake, wow I can't believe I slept that long" I said aloud.

"Oh did I wake you?"

"Sort of but I needed to get up anyways so thanks!"

"I was calling to ask if the very special Natasha Lozano would care to join me for a movie tonight?" He formally spoke.

"Hmmm, Natasha would be honored to join you tonight" I played along. I was blushing, my face red and heated.

"7:30pm it is, send me your address"

"7:30pm!"

"It's a date" Marcus said. There was a pause before I spoke,

"It's a date."