Unknown Race Kingdom

It was early that afternoon in the newly established kingdom of NekoMoon, located at the one of the edges of the Enchanted Kingdom. A kingdom that holds a new unknown race of people, ones with cat ears and tails. Who are ruthless beings and love to have alliances for wars and other battles in the future. 

The only heir to the throne and princess of the kingdom named Koda was summoned by her family into the throne room to go on a mission. Sitting in the throne room is her mother and father, looking very prim and proper. "Yes mother and father?" the petite girl croaked quietly in front of them. The older male-also known as her father-started to speak,"we have a mission for you. To prove that you will be the next proper heir to the throne when me and your mother resign in a couple years." Intrigued by her father's request she stays quiet to listen in more to what he has to say."We need you to go to the neighboring kingdom of Dreamland to make an alliance with their king and its people. So that if a war was to strike, it won't happen to be them. They are the closest and we happen to trust King Zøg's wife, Oonna. A fine friend of your mother." Koda's father paused before continuing.

"Basically we will be sending you off on your own to go to Dreamland to talk to the King and Queen there. Then we will wait for your return."

Her mother chimed in,"and we want you to be safe dear. Please be careful of who you talk to and affiliate with there. Some of those people can be very dirty, both with being clean and with their minds." Her father nodded in agreement with the Queen's request. After a long pause their daughter finally responded.

"I will love to help you out Mom and Dad.... but what if I lose my way? Is there a guard who can escort me to the place then leave me on my own?" Her parents clearly didn't think that through. Both turned and whispered to each other leaving her to think and wonder of what they're planning. 

- Koda's POV -

'Hmmm I wonder what they are planning.' I thought to myself as I stood there awkwardly. Both of my parents kept looking at me while they whispered. 

After all the whispering back and forth, they finally looked at me again. "Koda dear, we have decided that a guard will take you to the start of the way. But only a few feet from the gates. The rest is up to you." My father spoke with a simple nod from my mother along with it. Of course they always do this to me.... to see if I'll be good enough to the throne if I do this stupid little mission for them. Because they're two too lazy butt head nuggets who can't do anything on their own. 

Before I was sent off I asked one more question. "Why not give me a horse at least to get me there quicker?" My mom answered this one, "we could but that's up to our stablemen who tend to them. I don't even know if we have your horse. But we can check. For now go pack what you can into one saddle back in terms of clothing. We'll set up arrangements with a note provided by a messenger turkey." My tail twitched at this answer, but none the less I walked off. My tail swaying viciously behind me and ears pinned against my head as I muttered to myself. 

I eventually made it to my room. Sitting on my bed was my pet dog, I know it was strange. A half cat, half human thing owning a dog. But this mutt was my best friend. Her name is Luna, she doesn't move much but she keeps me company when I hide in here all the time. "Oh Luna... I'm going to miss you...." I talk to my dog as I start packing my things. 

She was peacefully sleeping. Sometimes I wish I could trade places with her, but with this adventure maybe I can make an actual friend that isn't a dog. Who am I kidding, maybe this King Zøg has no children, or children that my parents wouldn't approve of me being friends with. 

- Later that Night -

After packing and checking if all of my things were together. I went to sleep going to a deep dream state. With my best friend curling up next to my side. I mutter something in my sleep before drifting off into complete slumber.

"Hopefully something happens where I can't return Luna. If that ever happens, I want you to run and hide. I'll find you eventually...." Smooching the nose of my pooch I finally went into a slumber.