Where It All Started

Start from the beginning

Kevin: what exactly is the dress code???

Veronica: they're Bulldogs. I don't think they care what you wear

Betty: yeah. Im just wearing what i wear everyday.

Kevin: okay then...

Kevin looked at the time and saw it was almost 11. He texted Betty and Veronica goodnight and passed out on his bed.
----------------------------

Kevin woke to the sound of a knock at his door.

"Hey, Kev, you awake?" Kevin could hear his dad on the other side of the door. He looked at the time on his phone and saw that it was 7:14. He scolded himself before answering his dad.

"Yeah." He totally forgot to set an alarm on his phone. School starts at 7:50 and it takes him 10 minutes to drive there. He usually wakes up at 6 so he can eat breakfast with his dad since he leaves work around now.

Kevin got up and opened his door to see his dad standing there with a worried expression.

"Dad, I'm fine. I just didn't set an alarm." His father's features lightened up a bit.

"Well, I'm off to work, okay?" Kevin only nodded knowing his father was going to continue.

"Make sure you're back here by 9. I'm gonna call you to make sure you're home." Sheriff Keller gave Kevin that stern look that told Kevin he was ordering him. Whenever this happened Kevin basically felt like a soldier getting talked to by his commander.

He stood up straight and nodded, but his dad always responded with a "you here me?" And Kevin was forced to talk under his dad's intimidating stare.

"Yeah." His father only nodded in aprovement. His dad clapped his shoulder in his way of saying goodbye and walked down the stairs and out the door.
-----------------------

Kevin got to school only 1 minute late and once he got to his locker he could already see Veronica at Betty's locker, yet Betty wasn't there.

Once Veronica's eyes found Kevin she practically ran to him.

"Have you seen Betty?" Kevin held back his smile, knowing it was not a good time to laugh at Veronica's antics. He just shook his head.

"She sounded fine yesterday. Maybe she's just running late. Maybe she's with Jughead or Archie, right?" This time Kevin let his smile slip and Veronica just stared at him.

"Sorry, I've just never seen you so worried."

"And you're not?!" Kevin just shrugged.

"Betty's not usually late, but I know that she and Jughead meet up in the newspaper room sometimes in the morning to 'work.'" He used quotations on the word work. Betty told him about their meets, but never said that they did 'that' during their meets so when Kevin had to talk to Betty one day and didn't see her at her locker he went to the newspaper room and walked in on 'that'.

He didn't see anything so he was pretty thankful for that. Though he figured since they were in school they don't strip in a classroom.

Veronica raised her eyebrow at this and pulled the strap of her purse up.

"Well, then I'm off to find Archikins. Bye, Kevin." They waved bye and Kevin continued to put his stuff in his locker.
----------------------

Most of his day was boring so he was definitely looking forward to the party at 7.

He finished his homework by 4 so he had 3 hours before he'd leave. He didn't want to get there right at 7 because he didn't want to be there for that long.

7 came around and Kevin put on a flannel with some jeans and headed out. He figure he shouldn't go to the party with a sweater since it would be packed and he could at least roll the flannel sleeves up.

Once he got there the place was packed. Almost every student was there. There's about 200 students each grade which isn't a lot, but Riverdale is a small town. That means there's over 800 kids here.

Kevin wondered how they'd fit all these kids in the gym. There gym was huge but not that huge. Anytime they had assemblies they'd call you down by grade.

Once he finally got into the school he saw a couple kids in his grade, but he figured Betty and the others would already be in the gym.

He walked around the gym for a bit trying to find the others when he spotted Veronica. It was weird though. She was with Reggie.

Kevin walked over, thinking it would mean no harm to great his friend. She looked a little on edge though.

"Hey, Veronica." Kevin was a couple feet away when he waved to her. Both her and Reggie glared at him.

"Um, I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" Veronica's face turned into a fake expression.

"No. No you're fine, Kevin. Come on I think I saw the others over here." She wrapped her arm around his as if they were at an actual fancy dance and lead him away from a annoyed Reggie.

"Veronica, I don't mean to be annoying, but can I ask why you were fighting with Reggie Mantle?" Kevin tried to keep his voice light so he wouldn't agrivate Veronica even more. She stopped both of them and looked Kevin right in the eye.

"We weren't fighting Kevin. Just having a small disagreement. That's all." She gave Kevin an obviously fake smile and continued walking him towards where she thought the group was.

When she couldn't find them she pulled Kevin over to the side and gave in. She obviously couldn't take Kevin's stares anymore. He wasn't doing it on purpose, but self-conscuously.

"You really wanna know what happened?" Kevin nodded in excitement.

"Fine. Me and Reggie are struggling to keep La Bonne Nuit open. We're losing money rather than making it." Veronica looked at Kevin for help. She looked at Kevin as a friend.

"Well since La Bonne Nuit is supposed to be some-what secret maybe you should put some letters in the students lockers. Maybe you'll get more-"

"No, Kevin we may have found an idea, but it's risky. Do you remember when we hosted the casino nights?"

"Uh, yeah."

"We earned A LOT of money that night. It'd help pay off a lot of out debts." Kevin figured he shouldn't ask what debts she owed since he knew for sure he did not want to get involved in the business life. Even though he didn't want to get involved in the business part he still figured he could help with the low staff.

"Do you need any staff? Reggie is just one dude, and Josie and you are the only ones performing. I could help."

"Kev, are you sure? I mean your always so busy-"

"Veronica, I'm good. Im not actually as busy as you think." Kevin laughed.

Veronica nodded and put out her hand.

"Welcome to the team, Kevin Keller." They shook hands and went back to finding the group. That didn't take long because once they looked around they could see Betty, Archie, and Jughead walking over to them.

The rest of the night should be good.

                              TBC