Chapter 2 The Investigation

Chavez and I started going through the old news papers that Mr. Tunstall had saved up. To find out more about Morgan Mason and who had murdered him and why they murdered him. Doc nick named me and Chavez Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. He said because I was the most nosy of the all of us regulators that I would be Sherlock Holmes and Chavez is Dr. Watson. This little investigation of the regulators may help us to find the answers that we need to know and bring peace to the sprit of Morgan Mason the shocking thing is that Morgan Mason was my age when he was murdered. I read the paper. The paper said that he was robbed of $ 20.80 by Murphy's men. But he fought to keep his money and his life because he was engaged to be married on Christmas day but Murphy's men didn't want him to have his money and his life. Charley said " give it up hog boy you are just being stupid." and Richard said " Billy I told you to stop reading ghost stories. This craziness that you are doing is going to get you and Chavez hurt so just stop this craziness now." But I didn't listen to Richard be we had to know what had happened to Morgan Mason. So that night while the other regulators were asleep Chavez and I slipped out to do more investigating. But wasn't surprised to find out that Sheriff Brady had shot and killed him and cut off his head. We also found out a lot more then we expected to know. We found out something that we already knew all along that Sheriff Brandy was paid by Murphy to kill Morgan Mason. But nobody knows why. Morgan Mason will haunt Sheriff Brady and Murphy to their graves. The next morning at the breakfast table Charley says to me " hog boy you and Chavez did find anything because you just made it up and you know it." I told Charley that I did not  just make it up I saw the headless horseman and I know what I saw when I saw it. Doc asks me if me and Chavez found anything? I tell Doc that we found Morgan Mason's grave. Mr. Tunstall tells Chavez and I that Morgan Mason was killed for his and because wouldn't join up with Murphy and Dolan. Sheriff Brady had cut off his head because of that.