77. wednesday, november 2016

Start from the beginning

"I'm different since the last album. I have you now, I've written with Miles and Alexandra. I'm not the dickhead rockstar anymore." He explained. She tightened her grip around him, pulling him closer.

"I love it." She said quietly. He kissed her deeply, moving his hands around her and letting out a hum of happiness.

They stood in that position for a while, kissing until they couldn't breathe and then coming up for breath for a split second before reattaching their lips. His tongue was working to its full potential while her hands pulled his hair. His hands on the other hand were trying to get to whatever skin they could.

The sound of voices from the hallway pulled them apart. Luna sorted out her hair before wiping Alex's lips rid of any lipstick.

"Alex! You're already here!" Alexandra's voice entered the room. "Luna!" She beamed. She was definitely a morning person then.

"Hey!" Luna smiled. Alex put his arm around her waist to keep her with him, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"James." Alex nodded to him as the producer, holding out his hand for him to shake or slap hello. James grabbed it and shook it before sitting in the producers chair.

"So, I've got a surprise for the two of you." James confessed. Luna stepped back from Alex and sat on the sofa so they could speak.

"Go on." Alex nodded to him. He had gone into work mode and Luna loved it. He was all serious and manly. She crossed her legs and put her hand to her mouth to watch silently.

"I've booked you a show. It's just a couple of songs to get the word out for your album." He told him. Alex raised his eyebrows and looked at Alexandra, who looked nervous.

"Are you ready?" He asked her. She licked her lips, looking between the two men and nodded silently.

Alex ran a hand through his hair, Luna couldn't help but notice it needed a wash. He stared at the floor, processing the information and nodded.

"Okay then. When?" He asked. James sat back in his chair.

"Friday. At Hotel Cafe in Hollywood." He told them. Alex nodded and raised his eyebrows at Alexandra.

"Guess we better get rehearsing then. Are you joining me on stage, Al?" She wondered. He nodded.

"Might as well." He shrugged. "But first, lets get this song worked on and figure out which one we should perform." He dragged his eyes to Luna, who was watching intently, and chewed his lip. "Get in the booth, Alex." He said to her. She nodded and walked in.

He picked up a guitar and sat next to Luna. She sat close to him and brought her lips to his neck.

"I don't know what it is about the studio that makes me want to rip off your clothes." She whispered, kissing his cheek. He smirked and faced her, kissing her gently.

"In my bones, I can feel it in my bones
In a way that I never felt before" he sang to her, holding her eyes to his.

"It goes on, it goes on and on
While you're here and long after you're gone
Can't pretend, no
I just can't pretend I'm not in love with you
That's not true." He sang slowly, with the guitar softly in the background.

"Ready, al?" Alexandra's voice rang through the speaker.

"Go on." Luna said softly, still holding his gaze. "Al." She added just to tease him. He smirked and stood up so he could get on with it.

The way he sat and sang the song to Luna reminded her of when he sang the song about her bakery on that fateful day in 2014. It hurt her slightly less, now it just warmed her hearts.

Luna watched Alex work contently. She tapped her foot onto any beat they created and any guitar riff. One thing she noted was that Alexandra had an amazing voice and Alex seemed to know exactly what to do with it.

When they were discussing things she didn't understand, she got out her phone and started checking emails and texts. She replied to the latest email from Ingrid and flicked through some others. One particularly caught her eye.

Subject: food room London interview

Dear Miss Temple,

It has come to our attention your intention to open a new bakery in Notting Hill, London. As a food reporter, I have a keen interest in any new bakery opening but as a migrant from Sheffield, I have a keen interest in Crazy Baked.

I would be very interested as a migrant and reporter in discussing your move to London more. Would that be something you would be interested in?

Please let me know with a reply to this email.

Regards,

Simon Henderson

Food Room, London

Luna read through the email about a dozen times before googling the food room in London. It appeared to be a magazine that reviewed food places in London. It seemed quite well. She forwarded the email to Ingrid to get her opinion, now as a friend and to see if she wanted to be included.

She put her phone back in her pocket, deciding not to reply until she had spoken to Alex about it. Speaking of which, he was watching her carefully. He missed her and she was sat right across from him.

"Let's take a break and get lunch." He announced. Luna looked up.

"I'll go and pick up some stuff for you guys if you want." She suggested. James nodded, appreciating her suggestion.

"I'll have a hamburger and fries from wherever is nearest please." He requested. She stood up and nodded.

"I'll have a chicken salad or a sandwich. Anything with chicken basically and a raspberry smoothie or any kind of fruit smoothie please." Alexandra requested. Luna nodded and looked at Alex.

"I don't know what I want yet so I'll come with." He smiled, knowing they both wanted that. She nodded and they collected their things.

"So I got an email from this food magazine called the food room in London. They want to do an interview on the new bakery for like exposure." She came out with it immediately as they walked down the street hand in hand. Alex raised his eyebrows

"No way! That's amazing. That will definitely make the opening popular if they give you a good review." He let go of her hand and slipped it across her shoulders, bringing her closer and kissing her head with pride.

"So you think I should do it?" She looked up at him. He nodded vigorously.

"Definitely." He nodded as they turned into the high street and into a pret food. "Do you wanna show me the email?" He asked. She nodded and pulled out her phone, handing it to him while she went to get Alexandra's salad.

Alex read it over, checked the email to see if it was legit and then googled Simon Henderson to see if he was legit. They both seemed to be real things so he approved but just in case he texted his publicist to see if she had information on the company. He didn't want any old person having lunch with Luna and he also didn't want her getting fucked over because the interviewer only wanted information on him.

She came back with the salad and smoothie in the bag and he handed her the phone.

"Sounds like a great opportunity, Lu. I'm very proud." He grinned. She grinned back and he kissed her gently. "Set up the meeting for when you get back." He smiled. She nodded and started typing away at her phone a reply.

They walked swiftly to get James' burger. Alex had decided he wanted one too.

"Alex!" She burst suddenly, looking down at her phone. He raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah?" He wondered.

"The reporter is in Los Angeles for a few weeks so if I wanted to I could meet him while I'm here." She explained. Alex nodded.

"That sounds great, love." He kissed her head and dragged her into the burger shop.