THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Beginne am Anfang

This is Halloween!
This is Halloween!
Halloween, Halloween!

I heard the vampires (Sicio, Zenshe, Iron, and Nanus).

In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin Song.

Or...the Pumpkin King... The Mayor burst out singing with his loud, booming voice.

In this town! Don't we love it now?
Everybody's waiting for the next surprise!

Round that corner man, hiding in the trash can.
Something's waiting now to pounce,
And how you'll... SCREAM!!!
This is Halloween!
Red and black and slimy green.
Aren't you scared?

I heard Arwen and Sirena singing now, and I knew that they were flying on their brooms. No duh...

Well, that's just fine!
Say it once, say it twice!
Take a chance and roll the dice!
Ride with the moon in the dead of night!

Everybody scream!
Everybody scream!
In this town of Halloween...

I started running across town, soon spotting Sally. I kept my distance, but watched her. I heard Stanus singing.

I am the clown with the tear-away face!
Here in a flash and gone without a trace!

I felt a cold, chilly wind. I shivered, knowing it was Whisper. Whisper always freaked me out. He was probably the creepiest Halloween thing in existence because of what he did. He whispered to me sometimes, too, and that scared me. I looked at Sally and saw her brushing her hair. Whisper was flowing through her hair, and she turned and looked at me, smiling.

I am the who when you call, "Who's there?"
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

Then came the voice that I hated the most. (Whisper was a close second, though.) The voice belonged to none other than Oogie Boogie. He was jealous of Dad. He wanted the throne of the Pumpkin King, but Dad knew this. He wouldn't let it happen. I looked up at the moon and saw the shadow of Oogie Boogie right in the middle of it.

I am the shadow in the moon at night,
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Sally rushed up to me as the citizens began singing together. "C'mon," she said. "We don't want to miss your dad's moment." No, we did not.

This is Halloween!
This is Halloween!

Halloween, Halloween!

Tender lumplings everywhere.
Life's no fun without a good scare.
That's our job, but we're not mean.
In our town of Halloween.

As soon as we got to the square, the people were already stepped to the side, as if waiting for a parade. Dad was worth a parade, though; he was worth more than that, actually, at least to me. But what had been going on with him? The Mayor used his booming voice again.

In this town, don't we love it now?
Everybody's waiting for the next surprise!

I saw Behemoth pulling a horse made of wood and straw. I saw what looked like a scarecrow on top of it, with a pumpkin for a head. Hi, Dad!  I thought.

Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back and
Scream like a banshee, make you jump out of your skin!
This is Halloween! Everybody scream!
Won't you please make way for a very special guy?

Dad, in his what had to be uncomfortable pumpkin scarecrow costume, jumped up on the horse and began dancing like a weirdo. I couldn't help but smile and giggle to myself. I had such a great father. Iron handed Dad a torch, and Dad snatched it from his hand and stuck it in his mouth. His whole costume caught on fire. This was the part that made me nervous...

Our man Jack is King of the Pumpkin Patch!
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King now
This is Halloween!
This is Halloween!
Halloween, Halloween!

Dad jumped off the horse and dived into the fountain. Two of the mummy kids leaned over the fountain to get a closer look.

In this town we call home,
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin Song.

At that moment, Dad began rising out of the fountain on a pedestal. He was wearing the classic Jack Skellington outfit--his black pinstripe suit, his white shirt, and his bat bowtie. He was quite the celebrity. I was, too, but I felt bad for my father because he couldn't seem to escape the fame and glory.

La, la, la!
La, la, la, la, la!
La, la, la, la, la!
La, la, la!
La, la, la!
Wheeeeeee!!!

The townspeople began clapping and cheering for Dad. I happily joined with Sally into the applause.