"What do we have to do!?" I asked standing up as well. He stopped pacing immediately and stared at me with calculating eyes, scrutinizing eyes.

"This is where everyone, including the faculty, comes during a tornado drill. If they catch us in here then we are in some trouble, and if we try to leave now we could get caught!" he shouted and started pacing again. I began to chew on my lower lip, concentrating on making the decision. Hmm, we really were in a pickle, weren't we? I sighed; I knew what to do. Seizing Danny's forearm, I started in the direction of the door we had some through.

"No! We have to go through the back door" he pointed out, the sirens still piercing the auditorium with their shrieking sounds. It suddenly occurred to me that he was right. The students would most likely be filing in through the main door that we had used. I reversed my forward motion and bee-lined in the opposite direction.

"Come on! This way!" Danny instructed, forcefully guiding me to the south side of the auditorium. Even now, I could faintly hear the rest of the student body goofing around, glad of the excuse to be discharged from another boring class. Trent was probably one of those rambunctious teenagers drifting along with the crowd. Just thinking about Trent made me remember that I had to eventually go home with that mess of a boy. I attempted to swallow, but to no avail, the inside of my mouth had gone arid and cotton-like, making it virtually impossible to swallow the least bit of moister. Why had I just now remembered that I was engaged to Trent and would have live with him like some sort of little housewife? The voice of reason in my head rationalized that I had been through a lot today. From dealing with hormonal teenage boys to handling those skanks this morning, hmm, I almost forgot about them, to having a malice-filled teacher as my homeroom teacher. But then again, that's just me. I usually focalize my energy and my attention on the here and now, deterring my focus from past events, which are often inconsequential. But some events from this morning still haunt me, such as why everyone seems to know my last name and my father. That still miffed me.

Danny continued to tow me in the direction of the side entrance, or in this case exit, which was a little door designated as a back stairwell. He and I both exhaled a sigh of relief when we at long last reached the door. Danny tugged open the door, gently pushing me forwards into the pitch black stairwell.

"Down two flights and to the left should put us into the south parking lot" Danny said from somewhere within the immense darkness.

"I should have known your school was large enough to have an actual south parking lot. What? Is there a north, east, west parking lot, too?" I giggled moving through the thick night-like darkness. Danny guffawed filling the stairwell with his rambunctious laughter. He continued to laugh until he felt the magic of my lame joke wore off for him.

"Yes, actually, we do have north, east, and west parking lots. There are so many students here that the school board put in four new parking lots, one in each corner of campus hence north, south, east, west" he explained, our heavy footfalls sounding throughout the empty stairwell.

"Dang, your school is big" I replied, shaking my head, momentarily forgetting that Danny couldn't see me through the darkness.

"I know right" he screeched in a high pitch girlie voice that sounded exactly like some of the teenage girls that I have heard at this school. I tried to stifle my chuckles, but no, they had to come out.

"Whoa, hey, stop!" came Danny's from behind me right before I smashed my face into the wall, or should I say door, from the heavenly glow surrounding it, showing sunlight penetrating the cracks in the door. Cool, I found the door, but my nose will probably bruise. Oh well, I've had worse, mainly from Margaret, the stepmother from the place downstairs.

"Good job, Sparky! Now go find something else with your face!" Danny taunted, opening the door. I scowled, both from his degrading comment and the shocking white-light of the sun.

"Where to now?" I questioned Danny, surveying the south parking lot. There were bushes and trees in the grass surrounding the lot, that upon gazing at them intently, I thought I might have saw something hiding in their shadows. A second later I couldn't see it any longer, so I shrugged and turned my attention to Danny, waiting for a reply. But I would never get one. As fast as lightning, someone had me by the shoulders, lifting me onto their broad shoulders and were trudging away from Danny, my savior, with me in tow.

Hudson's Pov:

After a good afternoon's run, I finally trotted my way through the front doors of my pack's huge mansion of a house in my human form. The run had left me with a clearer head and a happier self. I came into the extensive kitchen with a loopy grin on my face. It fell as quick as Rome when I saw all the somber faces of my pack and their mates. Danny was even gripping his russet hair, looking ready to pull it out at the slightest irritation. They heard me come in and most gave me sympathetic looks. Dad was the only one who looked in the least bit angry.

"What's going on guys?" I asked, smiling reluctantly trying to lighten the cheerless mood. What was up with them? Did somebody die or something? Danny was the first to speak.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered quietly although I could still hear him fine due to my sensitive hearing.

"Sorry? Sorry for what, dude?" I asked him.

"I should have protected her better. She means so much to the both of us" he replied slumping his head on the table with a rather loud thump.

"Who are you talking about?" I questioned my voice raising in volume by the minute. He looked up at me and for the first time in ten long years, I saw my best friend's eyes were glassy and rimmed with moister. Danny Murphy was crying.

"Katie was kidnapped while I was with her! I'm the worst brother ever! I let my sister get kidnapped!" he wailed, his face going pale. Before my inner wolf reacted to the thought of my mate getting kidnapped, I had just one other thought. Since when is Katie Danny's sister!?