"So these creatures can escape and hurt the villagers?! Just like that?!" Exclaimed Cassandra.

"How surprising that they prefer to defend the stupid royalty!" Said the young man with an obvious indignation, with his remembrance of the past. "Let the town get fucked up, right?!" He almost yelled.

"Silence, Varian!" Yelled the woman. "This doesn't have to do with you!"

"No, I know it doesn't. It always has to do with the royals." He said without yelling, and yet, his voice was filled with fury.

"It is exactly as you say, Sir." Ariadna interrupted. "The nobility is scum. No! They're worse than scum!" Her face was tinted red in anger.

"And the worst of all of them is that damn bastard sitting on the throne..." Cassandra whispered in rage. "That wretch..."

"The king Luzbel?" Asked the young man incredulously.

"Of course!" Yelled Cassandra in response. "What happened to everyone,  what happened to my father! He sent him on a mission that he couldn't even win! He killed him! He's a wretch..."

"He's a monster..." Added the girl in a broken voice. "He doesn't do anything else besides tormenting my mother...She's his wife, for God's sake!" Ariadna lowered her head so that they wouldn't see a pair of tears roll down her cheeks.

"Wife?!" Varian exclaimed forcefully. "Did you say, wife?!"

"Varian, don't yell, damn it!" She turned towards the little girl and placed her hands on her cheeks, wiping away her tears. "Ariadna, you said that he hurts your mother? You're the Queen's daughter? But that...That means that -"

"That you are Rapunzel's daughter, isn't that right?" Varian finished the phrase in a stoic voice, his face devoid of any expression.

"Yes...I am..." She pinned her eyes, which were now lacking any radiance, on the young alchemist. "What are you going to do now that you know, enemy of my mother?" Her tone was dry and very worn.

Cassandra looked at Varian in surprise. She noticed that flicker of hatred in his eyes, and she stood in front of the girl, taking the handle of the sword on her back. The gaze of the young man turned away and reached the grey eyes of the soldier. He smiled to the side without saying a word.

"I won't let you hurt her." She gripped the handle more firmly.

"I won't do it." He directly said. "She is not who I hate and killing her won't help me with anything. She's only a brat who wasn't even alive when all of that happened. For what I am concerned, you are more guilty than she is." He claimed while frowning.

The girl sighed heavily and gazed towards the lady, her eyes full of sadness.

"Miss, what are you looking for in this rotten kingdom?"

"In fact, I'm looking for Luzbel. I...want to kill him for what he did to my father, to the kingdom and to Rapunzel. That is what I want." She said with sincerity to the girl.

"Say that more clearly, Cassie." Released Varian without much sensitivity. "You want Revenge." He said, smiling in the irony while crossing his arms.

"You're saying that like you know how I feel."

"The funny thing is that, in fact, I do know." He walked towards her in soft, gentle steps, almost playful, before this revelation. In reality, it humored him.

"I'm not like you." She fiercely declared.

"Oh, Cassie." Now he was so close to her that he had his face right in front of hers. "Of course you are," he whispered, immediately then turning around and outstretching his arms and raising his voice. "Both of us being here proves it."