Prologue

Lots of timeskips

NO POV

It was late at night. The nightly fights at Corpse Carnival had just finished. Tamaki was getting ready to leave. 

Rei: Will that be all for tonight?

Tamaki: Yes you can go now.

Rei left and Tamaki soon followed. However he stopped when he heard a window break in his office. Curious, he headed back to figure out what happened. Upon entering his office he found nothing out of the ordinary.

Tamaki(thought): There is someone in here.

He turned around and saw a person. This person had on jeans and black hoody. However what stood out the most about them was the red glow coming from there forehead. Tamaki raised an eyebrow.

Tamaki: And who might you be?

The figure approached Tamaki, who didn't even flinch. The figure then answered in a deep voice.

???: I heard of a place called Corpse Carnival.

Tamaki: What of it?

???: Rumors have it that people who can control their blood fight down there, to the death. So I want to ask you something.

Tamaki: And what would that be?

???: If you got room for one more down there. Or if you like, I could free up some extra space.

The figure came face to face with Tamaki. He saw that this person was wearing a purple mask with beak at the end. Also in the middle there was a red glowing eye. Tamaki gave one of his signature smiles. 

Tamaki: Mind I ask you what your name is?

???: Call me...Centipede.

Tamaki put an arm around Centipede.

Tamaki: I have a feeling you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

(timeskip)

It was time for Corpse Carnival. Viewers were popping up as the fight was soon to begin. Soon,  the lights turned on to reveal the massive birdcage. Then, two cages lowered down.

Announcer: WELCOME BACK TO CORPSE CARNIVAL! Tonight we have another exciting lineup. First up we have one of our best deadman, Ostrich!

The doors to the first cage opened up. Out walked a large man with brown-slicked back hair. He was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt.

Announcer: And in the other cage we have a newcomer! Please welcome to his first match, CENTIPEDE!

Murmurs could be heard by the viewers.  

???: Wait, they're sending a newcomer against Ostrich?

???: What a waste a deadman.

???: This fight will be over quickly.

The door to the other cage opened up and out walked centipede. He was wearing his jeans and black hoodie. The thing people noticed the most was his mask.

???: That mask is creepy.

???: This kid looks like a psychopath.

Ostrich: I doesn't matter how you look,. I'll kill just as easy.

Announcer: Let the battle, BEGIN!

Ostrich got out a knife and stabbed his right palm. Blood shout out and it took the form of a giant mace on his arm. Ostrich then charged.

Meanwhile Centipede just stood there. He reached behind his back and gripped his lower back hard. He ripped off a chunk of skin and blood spilled out.

Ostrich: BETTER LUCK NEXT LIFE!

Centipede just grinned as he leaped forwards. In the blink of an eye, he was already past Ostrich. Ostrich just stood there as suddenly his chest opened up and blood shot out. Ostrich screamed in pain as he fell to the ground. People then noticed the centipede like tentacle.

Centipede: Branch of Sin, Centipede Crusher.

Various conversations could be heard about how Centipede managed to take down someone so quickly.

(timeskip)

Soon afterwards, Centipede became a name feared throughout Corpse Carnival. Currently he was fighting a deadman named Angel. It was a girl who had long blonde hair with white clothes stained with blood. At the start of the fight she activated her Branch of Sin which gave her large wings that allowed her to fly. 

She flew up high to avoid Centipede, however he created two tentacles and used those to launch himself. Angel soon found herself have difficulty dodging Centipede's continuous lunges. He used the large bars to propel himself forwards. This went on, but soon something happened. Angel just barely dodged Centipede.

Angel: Close call.

However, she then noticed the pain  searing throughout her body. A large gash appeared on her shoulder and blood shot out. She screamed in pain as she passed out from blood loss. Angel plummeted to the ground where she died. Meanwhile Centipede was still on the large metal bars, giggling.

Centipede: Bye, bye birdy.

The fight only lasted 30 secs.

(timeskip)

Tonight, Centipede was facing off against Finch. A man with shaggy brown hair. At the start of the fight Finch charged head on with a blood sword. He swung multiple times but Centipede dodged them all. Finch goes for a downward strike, but Centipede suddenly vanishes. In the blink of an eye he was behind Finch.

Centipede proceeded to thrust his hand through Finch's chest. Finch screamed in pain as blood came out of his mouth. Centipede ripped his hand out of Finch's body and he fell to the ground. Centipede then licked Finch's blood but grew a look of disgust. He spat out the blood.

Centipede: You taste fowl!

Centipede then started kicking Finch's lifeless body.

(timeskip)

It has been two years since Centipede showed up. In less than a month he became the champion. Currently Tamaki was spinning around in his chair, happy after another night of exciting fights. Suddenly the alarm system goes up, and Tamaki sits up on his chair. He then picks up his phone and talks to a guard.

Tamaki: What's going on?

Guard: We have a problem in the G ward.

Tamaki: What happened?

Guard: Centipede broke out.

(final timeskip)

We see Ganta Igarashi running down the streets, trying to make it to school in time. He turns to enter the school yard and bumps into someone, knocking him down.

???: Sorry, didn't see you there.

Ganta looks up to see a man with black hair with blood red eyes. The man was extending a hand to help him up, which Ganta took.

Ganta: No it's my fault, I was the one was rushing.

Ganta then noticed the man was wearing a school uniform.

Ganta: Hey do you go here?

???: I start today.

Ganta extended his hand.

Ganta: My name's Ganta Igarashi.

The shook Ganta's hand and smiled.

Arata: Arata Hayate.

There we go the prologue is now complete. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!

Next Chapter: Welcome to Deadman Wonderland