The Big Plan

Hi there! Has this typed that day and had to add a few more lines. Hehe...

Anyways, Desperate Times was a success. Hope you like this one too!

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in single quotes." - Talking

'Words in single quotes.' - Thoughts

Chapter 1 - The Big Plan

"Hello."

"Hello and welcome Ragini dear." Annapurna greeted as Ragini came in with Swara. "I'm glad Parvati sent you over. I wanted to discuss some of the wedding plans with you two."

"It's my sister's wedding. So I'm surely going to choose the best things for her!" cheered Swara.

Ragini smiled at Swara's enthusiasm, which she herself lacked. After all, she knew Laksh liked Swara and not her. 'But I love Laksh. And I hope I can make him respond to my feelings.' with a hopeful smile lighting up her face, she looked around for Laksh. "Badi Maa, where is Laksh ji?"

"Oh he's getting ready for work. He should be down any minute now." Annapurna looked back. "Oh there he is!"

Ragini closed her eyes and breathed in imagining Laksh's smiling face. She opened them facing the stairs in hopes of seeing the same.

However, all she saw was a black blob of hair.

A blob of messy hair that was attached to the body of Sanskar Maheshwari.

Sanskar's toothy smile greeted her instead of Laksh's handsome face.

"Dost! Let's go and play!"

"But I want to greet Laksh ji first."

"No

"No. Let's go!"

Without waiting for her reply, Sanskar pulled her by the wrist and sped off like he was running for his life.

Laksh, who had by now descended the stairs looked over at them with a confused look. "Huh...I've never seen Ragini not leave before greeting me. Strange..." nevertheless, he paid it no mind. Swara was the one he was waiting for. "Hello Swara."

"Hey Lucky!" Swara grinned at him. "I'm ready with the dance for your and Ragini's wedding. Eeeeeep! I'm so excited! Aren't you too Badi Maa?!"

Laksh frowned. Oh how he hated not being able to tell Swara his real feelings. However, he put on a smile for them.

"I surely am." Annapurna replied with a smile.

"Ragini will be with Sanskar for some time it seems. Why don't we start selecting with the jewellery?"

"Good idea Swara. Let's go!"

Laksh watched as both women, left giggling at each other. He sighed to himself in misery. "I wish I could make Ragini understand I only see her as a friend. But if I do that...she won't be Sanskar's dost anymore. And I can't do that to bhai."