If these words came from Bai Li's mouth, Bai Lang would definitely think he was acting.

But when it came from Father Bai, Bai Lang knew that his personality was so weak and soft that even if he told a lie, he would become agitated and embarrassed.

So he also didn't beat around the bush but directly asked, "Dad, do you need something so came to find me?"

When Father Bai heard this not unkind question he raised his head. His expression when he looked at Bai Lang had a little bit of anticipation.

But a few seconds later, when he saw Bai Lang was only peacefully waiting for him to talk, that little sliver of anticipation changed to anxiety, shame and in the end his face went red.

Father Bai lowered his head again, not able to look at Bai Lang in the eye. He said shamefully, "I, I came because... you, your mother... no, I mean, that.... Your big brother, he...."

Father Bai couldn't string a sentence together for a long time. Bai Lang only slowly walked beside Father Bai and also looked down at the cityscape that could be seen outside the floor-length windows. He thought it might be easier for Father Bai to talk without someone looking at him.

"What happened to Bai Li?"

Bai Lang asked this because he really didn't know.

After Qiu Qian's accident, Bai Lang and Qiu Qian pretty much had no secrets from each other. So Bai Lang knew that Qiu Qian had used schemes to evict Bai Li, as well as Father Bai and Mother Bai from that two apartments. After that, Qiu Qian arranged a pit for Bai Li to jump into using the money he had gotten from the sales. However Bai Lang didn't enquire further about whether or not he had actually jumped. Because after that the car accident had occurred and both Bai Lang and Qiu Qian's focus turned to other things.

Three years later when they came back to the country, the Bai family hadn't come to find them. Bai Lang also asked Qiu Qian not to look for them.

In reality, Bai Li really couldn't withstand the temptation of the trap Qiu Qian had set for him. He had invested the majority of his money and lost almost everything. However the only thing good about this time was at least that the money was his own and not borrowed. After losing nearly everything he had, if Bai Li learnt his lesson and was willing to work hard and find a proper job, then with the small amount of remaining money he had, it was not impossible to survive together with Father and Mother Bai even though life would be bitter for some time.

However Bai Li persisted in dreaming about getting rich overnight. But right now he and Bai Lang had publicly cut off their relationship. Also most people knew that right now Bai Lang wasn't in the country. So no matter if it was a legitimate bank or a loan shark, no one was stupid enough to lend Bai Li any money.

So Bai Li could only pin his hopes on the lottery. He did some odd jobs to earn a bit of money, but was often fired. As soon as he earned a small amount of money he would immediately use it gamble. However at least at this time, what was left of the Bai family's money as well as Father Bai's small income he earned as a ticket seller was tightly grasped by Mother Bai. So even though Bai Li's income was zero, the family of three was able to rent a small apartment and just managed to get by.

However Bai Li was not willing to keep living like this. Because after Bai Li stole the deeds of the apartments to sell, Mother Bai's attitude towards Bai Li had changed to treating him like an enemy. She would often hit him and swear at him. Every day during the three meal times this scene would definitely occur. This made the already short-tempered Bai Li fill with anger and on a particular day he finally lost control and pushed Mother Bai violently to the ground, twisting her ankle.