I STILL HATE MONDAYS

Uneditted

The text is the last straw, i drop my phone and head towards the door paying no heed to Mrs Antwi's questionaire. I cant  think straight, all i want is to hear is that my pillar is okay. She is my reason of being alive and i cant loose her yet. I am not the religious type but  i promise whoever listens to my prayer will get my attention. I dont know i how but i get  to the Komfo Anokye Teaching hospital (KATH) hospital in thirty minutes, i drop some notes on the driver and speeds off to the ER. I see this nurse in her green and white uniform  " please where did you take Mrs Comfort Justina  Aidoo?" i ask.
"please follow me to the desk and let me check where she is " she answers politely with an annoying smile on her face. I would find her smile beautiful on any other day  but not  now, not today. I sheepishly follow her to the desk as she checks her computer, she looks up at me and with the smile again she tells me my pillar is in room 405B.
I think i have forgotten my manners because i didnt even turn to say thank you or ask for direction. I head towards a fleet of stairs and start to climb. The biggest hospital here in Kumasi has an elevator but does not serve visitors. Can you imagine? So i climb as fast as i can. "oops !" i scream as i see papers flying around with its holder stuggling to catch the few he could.
"  I am so sorry" i say appologetically. I try the gather some papers on the floor but the voice startles me. It makes me want to check the person again. " don't touch anything miss" he says coldly. Although his tone is cold, the voice is a perfect harmony. I look up again to meet is dark brown eyes, fine chocolate skin and sexy pinkish full lips  . Damn I am supposed to be thinking of grandma now but those eyes are the prettiest i have ever come across.
" do you mind getting your feet of my papers?"he asks coldly. Embarrasment draws nastly on my face as I realise I  am caught starring. " oh I am sorry about that" i say goofyly.
" about being caught starring or destroying my papers?" he asks coldly again with no hint of humor.
Getting my acts together, I stand to remind myself my mission here.
" i am sorry for bumping into you but i am in a hurry, if there is no charge for your damaged papers I'd  like to go" as politely as i can be i try walking past him to continue my journey but i feel a sharp and firm hold around my wrist restricting me from going.
" and where do you think you are running off to, little miss?" no emotions found as he asks the question. Is this man really cold or he is just angry and he didnt just call me little miss a while ago?
" going to wherever I was going little Mr" returning the favor, I see a hint of hurt in his eyes but just like that it goes away. Oh I think i just hurt his pride but so did he.
" excuse me young lady, this is no way to talk to a stranger you clumsily destroyed his properties"
That said it he needs to learn how to respect, he cant just go by calling every woman he sees young lady.
" look Mr, i am no young lady and i  dont have the luxury to wait around for your little nagging. This is my number call me if you want payment for your damaged papers" i try getting a card but i remember i left my purse and everything at the lecture hall. I squat to pick one of the stumbled papers on the floor and taking a pen from his coat, i spilled my number on it. His furious eyes doesnt leave my face when i start walking up the stairs. I can feel he is shocked but I care less. Finally, I am in front of room 405B  and I am too scared to walk in, still dont know what to expect. I need to be strong for her, cant go in there sobbing like a little girl. Shoulders straight, chin high and a few breath ins, i knock gently on the door and walk in.
There she is sitting on the bed with her left arm in a sling. " Aww grandma, why are you here?" my way of scolding her beacause i always tell her to take care of herself.
"what happenned, what were you doing?" the questions keeps coming and so are the tears, so much for composing myself.
" darling, one question at a time. I am too old to keep up" she smiles. She tries to hold out her other arm but i guess it hurts her so he pulls away.
" please tell me what happenned, what were you doing? You know you cant go around breaking your arm all time. You are not 20 anymore and if something happens i dont know what i will do..."
"sorry mum i wont do that again" she says sarcastically while pouting. " the bulb on the veranda was still on since someone was in a rush to get out of the house, so i decided to be a good house mate by switching it off"
Guilt sweeps through me
" but you know the switch is too high for you"
"yes , so i stood on a kitchen stool but it tipped off and then next thing i knew i was lying on the floor" she explains.
Drawing closer to her, i hold her right arm and squeeze it a little just so she knows i am sorry.
"so how did you get here and what did the doctor say?"
She adjusts so i can sit properly with her " well a gentleman who was passing saw me then rushed to help me out, he called the ambulance. He was very kind"
I wonder who this gentleman was but whoever he is I will forever be grateful for his kindness.
" the doctor said I dislocated the arm and some ligaments where pulled so i need to rest the arm for a while."
Thats good news to my ears to know its only the some dislocation it could have been worse. Its like she sees the worry on my face and pulls me closer with her right arm and kissed me lightly on the forehead assuring me she is ok.
" so when did the doctor say you can leave here?" I ask while pulling away, she makes me feel like a little girl which is nice and addictive. I might not want to pull away so i do it while my head is still functioning.
"oh she said when my guardian gets her to sign out some papers I can go".
I get off the bed and head towards the door " I am going to do the necessary and get back to you, please take care" i turn to tell her this.
On my way down the hall, Monica and Mabel comes to sight. They both grin upon seeing me then rush to my side. Monica has my bag and i assume my books and phone are in there.
As impatient as ever Mabel is the first to throw questions.
" Chill, she is ok. She dislocated her left arm and strained some ligaments. Go to 405B and keep her company while i settle her bills,  we can talk on our way home". Unanimously they nod their heads and head towards the room.
Getting to the accounts office, a fine gentleman greets me with his warm smile then I called out Grams name. He checks his computer and looks up at me still smiling he answers
" sorry, the bills have been settled and the person is anonymous"
Wait, what?.
No, why is he sorry and who settled the bill?

Hii, phew ! i finally have been able to finish another chapter. Please  bear with me cos this is my first  story and i know its not as great as the others but i promise it will get better.
This the Ghanaian Kitchen stool, it  is famous for other things😉 apart from being in the kitchen it serves other useful purposes in the bedroom 😉😉😉. Google and find out.

Please do comment and let me know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions let me know😊😊😊😊
Wait, how do i get followers ?😊
Thanks for reading