~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Start from the beginning

Fred cleared the map and put it back into his pocket, the three then made there way up to the mirror on the fourth floor. To open it all you had to do was tap the right corner three times with your wand and then once on the bottom left, then once in the middle of the mirror, it then swung open greeting the three twelves year olds with an infinite dark passage. The three entered and when the mirror swung closed again Lina couldn't even see the end of her nose.

"Oh, Lina stop it" George giggled.

Lina rolled her eyes and held her palms out "Lumos" a ball of light that lit ten feet in front of the now floated above Lina's palms.

"Cool," the twins awed.

"Glad you two think so. Come on, let's go" the passage seemed to go on forever but finally just when the twins seemed to be complaining the loudest they reached a door that was moulded into the stone of the passage.

They walked through the door, before them was the path down to Hogsmeade "this one will be better for nighttime I reckon" Fred said as the three walked down, there feet crunching against the fresh snow.

"The passage was quick enough though" George commented.

"Maybe next time we try it we go after dark."

"After the Christmas holidays."

"What do you think Lina?"

The boys looked to the girl, her lips had a blue tinge to them, her arms were wrapped right around her and she was ever so slightly suffering "s-s-sounds go-good."

"Shit we forgot you aren't dressed for the cold" George gave Lina his jacket and Fred have her his scarf.

"You don't have to," Lina said as she hugged the jumper that was two sizes too big for her tighter around herself.

"And explain to Mr Perfect and co why you're in the hospital wing frozen solid-"

"No thanks."

"Alright fine" Lina sighed "thanks, guys."

Hogsmeade was everything Lina had imagined and better, students crowded the streets but were quickly going inside buildings, Lina could see Zonkos, Honeydukes and The Three Broomsticks, speaking of which Lina could see her three friends running into the pub "any shop we go in we're likely to get caught" Lina said "Your brothers, my cousin, where are we gonna go?"

"We guessed this would be a problem-" Fred said.

"So Fred and I being the genius's we are thought what place is highly likely to be deserted-" George said.

"And really there was only one answer-"

"The shrieking shack!"

The three pushed their way through the crowd, making sure they kept their heads down. At one point they came incredibly close to Charlie and his friends, they changed direction practically running away from him but finally after much longer than it should have taken they reach the shrieking shack.

"Most haunted building in England" Lina mumbled.

"Even the Hogwarts ghost won't go near it," George said.

"It doesn't look very scary" Lina noted craning her neck to get a better look.

"So you won't mind getting a closer look then," Fred said nudging her shoulder.

Lina looked between the two boys "no, I won't" the twins didn't think she'd do it but without giving them warning she climbed over the fence separating the shack to Hogsmeade and started walking the few feet between the fence and shack.

"Oi wait for us!" Lina turned her head around and saw the twins running up to her "you never cease to amaze us" George laughed.

"I'm taking that as a good thing."

The shack seemed normal enough, the three took too different parts of the shack to the If there was any way in, Lina took the front of the house, all the windows were border up apart from one panel that had broken within time and provided the smallest of gaps to look though, inside looked like an ordinary living room except everything was trashed and caked in dust. The wooden walls appeared to have scratches carved into them, vicious scratches that looked like they were made by, no, it couldn't, Lina stepped back, they couldn't be werewolf marks, she moved forward again and squinted her eyes to try and get a better look. She saw markings that weren't scratches at all rather carvings that had purposely been done.

Lina squinted her eyes, there were hundreds and only some she could make out 'MPPW, J+L, S+M, R+D'

"There's no way in" Lina jumped away from the window like it would hurt her at any second, Fred's voice bought her out of her trance.

"Nothing works, Hey Lee did you find a way in?" George asked.

Lina tore her eyes away from the window "no, probably for the best anyway, I swear I saw something move in there" the shack gave her an odd sort of feeling, and those markings something wasn't settling with her, the last thing she wanted or needed was to actually go inside it.

"So it is haunted!"

Lina glanced to Hogsmeade then back to the twins "we should head back to the castle before anyone realises we're gone."

"Yeah you're probably right" George sighed.

"We'll come back after Christmas and try again," Fred said.

The three left the vicinity of the shrieking shack but before they got too far away Lina cast one last glance at the shack, the markings lingering in her mind.