"Fire suits you," was all she could say.

It truly did. Passionate and exuberant. You were an acquired taste for sure, but you were one of the best friends anyone could make. Dangerous, most certainly. You could bring nearly anyone to their knees at half your strength. Being a demon helped, of course, but you were quiet intimidating when you wished to be. Emotional and powerful. No two words could sum you up better. Beautiful and the light of some people's lives. Of course you were- ask any of the Sins about you, and almost everyone would say you were one of their best friends. My, fire suited you so perfectly.

Bam!

The door slammed open with equal force that it was closed with, the flames disappearing instantly as it was opened. Ban rushed in, holding a shrouded figure in his arms. Jericho looked at the man, scowling at first, before quickly realizing he was holding someone.

"Move," He growled, and Jericho complied immediately, scooting you to the side, so you rest peacefully, sitting upward against the wall next to the bed. Ban lay the man down, pulling down the hood and revealing a wolf-like face. Jericho shrieked as Ban pulled the blanket over him.

"What in the hell?"

• Time Skip •

"I drank the fountain of youth," Ban finished, finally taking a breath explaining to Zhivago what had happened in their time apart. Jericho wiped away her tears and snot, hearing the tear-jerking story that the author was too lazy to write out. "I can't die or grow old~"

"Unbelievable..! To think that the tales were true..." Zhivago breathed out, looking over at you, resting happily and soundlessly. "She must be the guardian saint, yes? She's just as beautiful as the stories say- and the power radiating off of her is unbelievable!"

"No," Ban replied sternly, "That's... (y/n)... another member of the Sins. The guardian saint died. I want to bring her back to life."

A heavy silence weighed on the room. Jericho shifted her gaze to the floor, and Zhivago, easily reading the reactions of both people, smiled. "My, today is just full of surprises. Concerning bringing back the dead.... I have heard some rumors."

"And they are..?" Ban probed, looking pointedly at his father-figure.

"I've heard from many that a man's deceased wife was seen walking into his house. Somebody happened to check it out, and the man had been strangled to death. A group of Holy Knights who were supposedly dead were also seen entering the woods outside of town, like they were heading somewhere." He looked off to the side, troubled. "These are only rumors, though- I wouldn't put much trust in the word of people here."

Ban was silent for a moment, and Jericho lay backward on the floor, closing her eyes and listening with her hands folded behind her head. Her ears trained closely on Ban, not missing any sound queues.

"Hm," Ban finally sighed, "doesn't seem like what I'm looking for. I'm sorry- I know I'm asking for the impossible."

"No, no... I'm happy," Zhivago chuckled.

"About what?" The Fox Sin snorted back, bitterness subtly lacing his words, an almost unnoticeable undertone.

"You've found something you care about- more than yourself. The saint..." his gaze flickered from you to Jericho, "such devout comrades... it's given you more to live for. Something precious. You've never opened up to anybody other than me- I'm glad to see that's changing