The door bell sounded and for that she was fast to head towards the front door. As she opened the door she saw David standing there looking rather nervous himself, he smiled timidly towards her and cleared his throat to speak.

"I'm so happy you wanted to see me" he said his eyes meeting hers filled with nothing but grief. His words took her off guard she had expected him to be angry about everything that happened since the Graham Norton show. She expected them to fight and argue about what had been going on but he looked as tired by all this as she did.

"Come in"

As he stepped in and removed his coat she shut the door and placed it on the coat stand for him before leading him into the living room. She felt so shaky and anxious, Helena wasn't even sure she was going to get through telling him without wanting to throw up. This kind of anxiety was really taking its toll on her.

As they both sat down on her sofa Helena was surprised to see David looking as if he had a lot to say too. "Is everything alright?" She couldn't help but ask. It was strange seeing him so quite and sad like this he looked how she felt and for that she wanted to go easy on him, at least listen to him.

"No it's not...." he whispered softly his eyes finally meeting hers again. "I've been an arsehole and have basically ruined myself and you in the process..."

Again she was taken off guard by this and so decided to just sit and listen to what he had to say. She could tell this had been eating at him so it was only fair to at least let him explain.

"I've been staying with my Aunt in Cornwall this last week.....she's helped me see sense....you see I've been a fool, I take full responsibility Helena for our breakup and want you to know I never used you....that's a promise" he began strongly clearly wanting to apologise to her, she was a little surprised she had to admit.

She really hadn't expected an apology and for that she tried to just focus on what he was saying and listen.

"The gambling got out of hand when we were together, you helped me because you were and are  kind and caring and loved me.....I never want you to think I never loved you because I did....because I do" with this he reached out and took her hand in his seeing her eyes begin to tear up at his words. She didn't want to look weak yet she still was...

"Obviously things got harder for you and I was no help in the matter....I don't blame you for seeking comfort in Johnny's arms as I did the same with my ex-wife Olivia.... but Helena when I told you I never stopped loving her that was a lie" now he was the one getting upset and for that she couldn't help the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I only started having an affair when I saw you and Johnny flirting on set, it made me so mad....but I'm so sorry and regret ever entertaining the idea I could be happy with another woman..." his thumb ran along her knuckles still holding her hand as he told her all this. "It was never a plan for Olivia and me to get back together...I've been a mess and lost you in the process"

Helena had to admit she wanted to be anger yet all she felt was grief and pain. She had loved David so much at one time that his confession now was making her heart ache. She didn't know what to think about all this.

"I've been miserable" he looked at her again his eyes hazy with tears. Never had she seen David cry, he must be meaning it if his eyes were this clouded with tears. "I still love you Helena, so very much and have been living in a hell without you these last couple of weeks"

Closing her eyes painfully she removed her hand from his and gulped down the rest of her pride. "Why did you sell those stories to the papers?" She asked seeing his face crumble and him shake his head in despair.

"Because I was mad, mad seeing photos of you and Johnny, mad because of jealousy....I was wrong and I'm sorry....I don't expect you to forgive me for any of this...I don't even know if I can forgive myself but I need you to know not one day has gone by where I haven't missed you...I love you so much" his hand was back on hers and this time she didn't pull instead just cried softly her shoulders shaking as she let the tears fall.

She felt David shift closer to her on the sofa and felt his arms wrap around her as she cried. She felt so numb....

"You hurt me" Helena whispered painfully still allowing him to hold her nonetheless.

"I know" he whispered back rubbing his hands up and down her back supportively. "Sorry won't mean anything now, but I want to make it better for us"

Sitting there in his arms for a moment Helena slowly began to pull away. She wasn't sure what he was asking but if it was for her to go back to him that would be a huge ask. After all she had Johnny to think about, he too had a large place in her heart and she didn't want to hurt him either...

"You must know that Johnny and I are close....and I do have feelings for him David I can't lie to you about that...." she began wiping away her tears. "He's been my rock" Helena continued to explain knowing her feeling for Johnny weren't just of friendship anymore. Why did her heart have to be so messed up...

"I understand...and I know he did what he did on the Graham Norton show for you..." Helena nodded at this looking into his eyes so full of sorrow and regret.

"I don't know if we would ever work again if I'm being truly honest....in a way my heart still belongs to Johnny..." it was only when she was saying this to David she realised how true that was. She loved Johnny yet trusting him was the reason she held back, her heart couldn't take more heartbreak and he was notorious for breaking hearts.

"But, I have to take a step back now and focus on what is right....David.....I'm" her bottom lip quivered and for that his eyes widened slightly.

"Pregnant?" He asked as she nodded and began to softly cry again.

"Oh Helena" he whispered pulling her back into his arms to comfort her. "Who's the father?" He ask softly running his arms tighter around her and pressing a kiss to her temple.

Breathing out a shaky breath she gulped bucking up the courage to tell him.  "you are"

David pulled back to look at her cupping her face in his hand and wiping away her tears. "It's okay" he whispered supportively trying to get his head around this shocking news.

"I won't let you do this alone....I will be there Helena....if you want me"

Looking at him she didn't know whether she did or didn't. But what mattered now was the baby on the way..... all her choices now had to be made for her baby's best interests not hers anymore...

A/N: I'mma leave this here...😶 I'll let you guys be the judges on what you think about Helena's news....
P.s the guy in the photo is what I imagined David to look like, gives you all a visual