Surprisingly, in the presence of L, her tears finally came to a halt.

She wasn't going to tell L just yet that Light was Kira. How could she tell him? Oh, he has a God of Death working on his side. She couldn't explain how she had seen the spirit. Had Light managed to mess with her using something?

It was frustrating. L touched (Y/n)'s cheek, making her jump.

"What's wrong? Why were you crying earlier before?" L asked. (Y/n) averted her eyes as she spoke.

"I kept thinking if Light was Kira then he was the one who killed my father. . . It kept swimming around my head and I just lost it. If Light's the bastard who killed my father, I'll kill him with my bare hands." (Y/n) hissed. L took her wrist and led her. From the direction he was going in, she knew that he was taking her back home.

L let out a small chuckle as they made their way. "I'm glad you're so strong. It means I don't have to protect you all the time because I know you can fight your own battles." L murmured. (Y/n) tried not to smile at his words. Matsuda had told her that before. It made her so happy to hear those words. It made her feel confident that she could find the evidence and figure out what Light was doing and stop him. (Y/n) didn't realise that she had a skip in her step.

"We're here." L called out, grasping onto (Y/n)'s wrist a little tighter to stop her from ending up walking away. (Y/n) stumbled to a stop before giggling. Her mood had been lifted so much. She turned to L as he dropped her wrist.

"Thanks for keeping an eye out for me." (Y/n) murmured. L held (Y/n)'s shoulders. He stared intently at her until she locked eyes with him.

"I'm finding it so hard to keep personal feelings out of this. Please, limit the time you hang out with Light. Light is still under suspicion of Kira and if you continue to hang out with him, you'll be put under suspicion too. I know you're not like that, Akemi. You would never kill and call it justice. I don't want to be the one arresting you because you might be affiliated with Kira." L whispered sternly to (Y/n). (Y/n) nodded her head.

She knew that Matsuda was in danger but if she kept quiet for now, Light wouldn't do anything to either of them. She would keep away from him.

"Will do." She murmured. She went up onto her tiptoes and gave L a peck on his cheek. L's eyes slightly widened as (Y/n) walked up to her door, giving the surprised male a small wave. "Bye. See ya, Ryu!" She called with a warm smile. She was glad that she had Matsuda and L looking out for her. Without them here, making sure she was okay, who knew where her mind would be?

✶ ✶ ✶

Matsuda's POV

Matsuda stood in front of (Y/n)'s door. She had been isolating herself for at least a week now. She would hardly ever come out of her room. Matsuda had tried many times, but he'd given up because she didn't open the door. Instead, he placed her meals in front of the door and at some point, during the day, she'd take it into her room, eat it and then leave the empty plate and glass outside the door. 

He'd had enough! Her exams were coming up and if she continued this, she might not even go to her exams.

He loudly knocked on the door and called to (Y/n), hoping she would listen to him. To his relief, she slowly opened the door. She only opened it a crack, revealing her face. He noticed immediately the bags underneath her eyes and the redness. She had been crying. "Can I come in? You've spent too long in here all by yourself." Matsuda admitted as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

She nodded her head and let out a big sniffle. She pulled her door open all the way. Matsuda's eyes widened at the multiple pictures of Light littered all around the room. His face had been scribbled upon until nothing could be seen of his features.