Andrew began talking about which routes we should take, because apparently he knew the forest like his back pocket, while Rapunzel checked that we hadn't forgotten anything and that we all had our weapons. 

You didn't really pay attention to all of this, because you were to busy looking at Varian, who once again, looked like crap. Just by looking at the boys eyes, who were constantly looking directly at the ground, you could tell that he hadn't slept much this night. Well, neither had you, but that was because you had been busy, spying. What was his excuse?

Speaking of spying, what you had found out last night were pretty terrifying, and you honestly didn't know what to believe; Did Varian really kill his dad without remembering? If so, why did he say it was Rapunzel's fault, yesterday? You had so many questions, that you knew you couldn't get the answer to, and it was eating you up. 

But it wasn't the right time to think about those right now. You had to focus on saving Corona!

"It looks like we're good to go. Are everyone ready?" Rapunzel asked, and you all nodded.

"Then let's go get some Fluxweed!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It wasn't because it was awkward, there was just an uncomfortable silence. You had only been walking for half an hour or so, but that was plenty of time for a conversation to die out. Rapunzel and Eugene usually were quite talkative, but they sure weren't right now. You guessed it was because they thought about everything that had happened yesterday, and you couldn't blame them. You tried to think about something else, but every time, your mind would just find a way to think about how Varian had punched the hell out of you. 

And speaking of Varian, the boy hadn't spoken at all. You had noticed whenever you would try to get close to him, Eugene would find a way to come in between you. Probably because he didn't want you to get hurt again, but now that he walked up front, besides Andrew, he couldn't stop you this time. 

You stopped up, letting Varian walk up beside you; It was like he didn't even notice your presence. He just kept on staring at the ground. 

"Hey, Varian." You said, puffing his shoulder, hoping to get a reaction. You sure expected him to still be your best friend, even after all that he may have been through - besides, he couldn't remember what had happened yesterday, right?

He blinked, and it was like he just woke up from a trance. "Oh (Y/n)! Did you say something."

And there it was again: The sweet little, caring boy you know and love. He sure had some mood changes. 

"I just said hi. Are you okay? I heard we both walked into a tree yesterday. Typical us, huh?" You laughed, putting your arm around him like you always used to do back in the day, when you would walk beside each other. He seemed to tense up a little, but he didn't do anything about it. 

"Yeah, you don't say. It's a funny thing, my head doesn't hurt at all. But my knuckles are sore, for some reason." He smiled, looking down at his hands. 

Yep, he really didn't remember a thing. 

"What about you? Are you alr-" He began, but Eugene stopped him, walking in between the two of you. 

Cassandra gave him a stern look, but Eugene just shrugged and began to whistle. Cass rolled her eyes, while Rapunzel walked over to Varian, walking alongside him. It was clear they didn't want you to get near each other.  

And once again, Varian looked so lost and distant. It was like he had these constant mood changes that switched from being his normal, happy self, then suddenly angry, and then very distant. 

Something was off with your best friend, And you were going to figure out what it was. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Sorry for the long waited chapter! - I hope it satisfies you for now, even though nothing much happened. But don't worry, I have a crazy idea for the next one, which, and I promise, WILL BE OUT WITHING THREE DAYS. 

It's called: The mist

-And in that chapter, the group will get separated, and you will learn more about (Y/n)'s powers.