Chapter Two: Step Two: Try not to dwel on the memories

By the time I made it to school it was 1 in the afternoon. I walked through the big doors in school making sure to slam them as I walked through. I flipped my hair over my shoulder and noticed everyone stop to stare at me but only for a brief moment before going back to their usual chatter.

Just like that brief moment of recognition, my new found strength and confidence was gone. I screamed angrily and slammed my back into the closest locker dramatically and slid down it as I cried for my broken heart. My stomach felt messed up and so did my knees. I hugged my knees to my chest and willed myself to get back up.

"hey honey" a soothing voice said from above me. I looked up to see a girl with dark purple hair I didnt recognise.

"h-hello" i said quietly. This girl would be the one to help me, she would take pity on me and realise that all i needed was-

"-you're in front of my locker"

"oh.." i slowly lifted myself up to move out of the way

"t-today j-junior" she stuttered at me.

"i didnt stutter"

"crying ass bitch" she spat and kicked me in the leg.

"JEEZ ok I moved!" I raised my voice at her. She arched her brow at me  and I ducked my head and rushed quickly down the hallway, narrowly avoiding getting beat up.

There used to be a time where I'd walk down these hallways and everyone would know who I was and stop to stare until I was out of sight. Every girl wanted to be me and every guy wanted to get with me.

Nigel was the most popular boy in school and I was the gorgeous girl-next-door type that no one used to see. When we got together it was like a fairytale. It was exactly every wattpad love story ever and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Our teacher put us together for an assignment. He was so angry, I giggled at the memory. He grabbed the teacher by the neck and dragged him up the wall and strangled him for even thinking he should have to do work at school. Sorry did I not mention Nigel had a bit of a bad boy streak? The teacher still to this day has a neck brace.

I tried not to drool over him like every other girl in school did and thats what drove him crazy. He'd finally found a girl he couldn't impress and BOY did I make him work for it because I wasnt like all the other 100s of girls he'd slept with before he was different and I wouod be the one to change him. So he had to prove to me that he was different and would love me properly.

and within a week he had beaten up 3 and a half (one was a paraplegic) guys  in the name of protecting me and so after that we were together for the 3 best months of my life.

Until that fateful day....

-That Fateful Day-

I giggled as Nigel leaned over toward me, nuzzling his face into mine. "I love you so much my honey bunch, sugar plum, honey uny unmpchikilin, ur my oowy goowy wittle sweety pie" he wrapped his arms around me and i felt so safe.

I could only vaguely hear the thud of music from the speakers and people dancing and chattering outside. No but 4 minutes ago I was amongst all those people and i started freaking the hell out because i was away from Nigel for a whole 10 minutes. He found me and he whisked me away to safety.

He was my safe haven.

"Tonight its u and me and we're riding the choo choo train to cuddles ville all night lo-"

the door slammed open and one of his hunky jock friends i think his name was Brian shoved his head around the corner

"Oi Nigel, fuck u doin?"

Nigel jumped. I dont know if he was frightened by Brian or by his fragile masculinity but he recovered fast.

He turned to Brian "HUH WHAT? yeah I'm coming-" and then turned back to me "fuck u say bitch?!" he did his natural fuck boy laugh and dragged his hand through his hair and bit his lip and squinted his eyes "-no I cant fuck u right now, get off my dick, the boys need me" he said loudly and Brian howled.

"Ha ya mad dawg" Brian laughed and left the room.

"im sorry booboo" he kissed me on the cheek fast and sprinted out of the door after Brian.

He turned the light off on his way out and i sat in the dark in silence for a few minutes (the white of my eyes being the only thing visable in the room)

I exited the room and went to the backyard where brian and nigels friends were buttchugging alcohol.

"Where is Nigel"

I couldnt even wait for a response. They stared at me, their mouth open in shock. They all screached a inhumane high pitched in unison, their faces void of any emotion. I left them and ran throughout the house looking for Nigel and he was no where the be seen. So I went upstairs and opened the bathroom door to take a quick shit when I realised :| halfway through that Nigel was in there and he was in there with Veronica, one of my best friends!!!!!!!!!
and they were Kissing!!