"Hey, Taehyung! Welcome back! Are you ready for your first day back from break?" Taehyung's boss, Kim Seokjin or Jin, greeted with a smile.

Taehyung had to take a week or two off of work because of his family emergency, so today was his first day after the mini vacation. As his friend and boss, Jin completely understood and was fine with however much time Taehyung needed off. But of course he was worried, so he was happy to see his friend again.

"Thanks, I'm as ready as I can be. I mean, no offense, but who really wants a vacation to end?" Taehyung put on a fake smile and replied. Taehyung was the best at giving believable fake smiles as he did it all the time. It got so easy after awhile, so he just kept doing it. He hated showing his true emotions, so he hid them as best as he could. It worked for him this long, and he was determined to make it last as long as possible.

"Yah! You brat, this is a great place to work! Anybody would want to come back!-" Jin's playful rant was cut short by the ding of the bell from the door made by someone walking in.

"Why the fuck do I have to come back to this wretched place again?" A short mint haired male trudged through the door and walkway up to the main counter, and slumped down in a stool nearby. He let his head fall to the table with a thud sound.

"Oh, the irony..." Taehyung muttered, even knowing the rant that was to come.

"Min Yoongi! How dare you! This place isn't wretched, it's cute! And nice! And has the best owner in the world! So shut up or so help me-"

"You'll what? Feed me ice cream until I die or something? Tsk." Yoongi retorted, reluctantly lifting his head and holding it with his hands.

"Ugh! You're lucky we have customers! I'm not done scolding you too! Just you wait!" Jin huffed and stomped away.

"What did we even do this time?" Yoongi asked lazily.

"I don't even know. I think he's mad we didn't want to come to work today, even though we are literally here. Nobody really knows what goes on in that crackhead's brain." Taehyung chuckled.

"Mhm. He yelled at me when I came in yesterday too. It's expected at this point."

"Wait, you came in yesterday? I thought you had time off too?"

"Nope. I had a few days off, but Jin needed me so I came in. Then he scolded me for looking too sad and bored. Then later I forgot to say thank you to him before leaving? I don't know what he's on, dude. That man needs a good fuck or something, geez." Yoongi let out a breathy laugh and smiled a little.

It may seem like he's the typical lazy employee, but he really does care. He's really close friends with Taehyung and Jin and their group, he's nice to everyone unless they were mean first, and he has feelings. He just has a hard time showing them. He just covered that up with being blunt and sarcastic.

"Don't worry, Namjoon does that every night!" Taehyung joked and they both laughed.

"Ohhh, look Yoongs! It's carrot head!" Taehyung pointed to a shorter orange haired male walking to the other side of the cafe. The place was fairly big I suppose, with double main doors and a long counter with plenty of tables and chairs around. Not to mention the sweets and pastries that laid in display cases and the coffee that smelled for miles. It was, like Jin said, cute.

"Shut up, Tae!"

"Come on, Yoongi! He's been here every other day for the past three weeks and talks to you every time! He's got to be into you. And I know you are into him. Go talk to him!" Taehyung exasperated, with a deep determination to make his friend talk to the cute carrot head that was totally into him.

"No, he's-"

"No buts! Go work the counter so you can help him." Taehyung pulled the mint male out of the chair.

"Are you sure? Or do you just want to go slack off in the back?" Yoongi asked, unsure.

"Yes I'm sure! Now go before I sick Jin on you!" Taehyung gave Yoongi a final push before the shorter one willingly walked to the counter and waited for carrot head to come up and order.

"Finally, peace at last..." Taehyung let out a relaxing sigh as he walked into the back kitchen and slumped down in a little chair. He figured he would use the spare time he had to just chill in the company of actual happy and healthy people, instead of all by his sad lonesome or (even though he really loves them) his mom or grandpa.

Little did he know, that would be the last sense of peace he would have for awhile, as what would occur in a few hours would change everything.
———————————————————————

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'm warning you now that I am going to try to develop this story slowly and it will take some development, especially character developments, and details and stuff like that for awhile before things get lighter. But I guess you have to keep reading and see! This chapter may have been boring. This will most likely be a longer book, with different dimensions, and I hope you stick around!

BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAMJOON!!
We love our leader so much 😭 💜 thank you for all the hard work and literally doing everything 💕 Love you!

But thank you so much for voting and reading, please stick around and I promise it'll get better so sorry if this sucked! Love you guys, bye! See you soon 😉
💜👋💕👍

-Author of many thoughts